The various functions performed by File manager are:
- It is responsible for maintaining files and its structure.
- It takes the query from the data manager, locates the block containing the requested record, then it interact with the disk manager requesting for the block. Once the block is obtained, it will pass the block to the data manager.
- Disk manager is the part of the operating system.
- It is responsible for all the input/ output operation.
- It will provide the blocks requested by the file manager.