Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Asking Advice What Do You Do To Relieve Stress?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle and Health Topics' started by Webmasterserve, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    This topic came to mind when I read @challengewriter@challengewriter 's status that she had a stressful week, well now its public knowledge so I hope she doesn't mind I am mentioning it here.

What kind of work/job do you do? Like student, carpenter or web designer.

Do you perform multiple jobs usually?

Does the job stress you out sometimes?

What do you do to relieve stress in general?

2. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I work in a human resource department of a telecom company. Yes, it is a quite stressful job indeed which also includes a lot of multi tasking. At the end of the day I feel totally exhausted.

Whenever I feel that I am under stress I try to breath in and out for a long duration which improves my condition. This process supply extra oxygen to our lungs and blood which help us to calm down. This really works for me.

3. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I am working as a freelance writer, writing articles for some sites and participating in some forums. I work from the comfort of my home. Stress happens to everyone whoever faces the realities of life. I am also not an exception. I do meditation for few minutes every night that helps me minimize my stress and continue in a relaxed mood.

4. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I am only working online in different sites, at the same time volunteering in teaching deaf people. As I get tired from volunteering the whole day, I am confused what work will I do first. I first relax and do one at a time. If I am sleepy, I will sleep it off. Sometimes, I spend a day not working and watch movies.

5. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Work doesn't stress me out but it does feel like a grind sometimes.

If I need to take a break, I will take the dog for a walk, go for a bike ride, listen to music, the usual stuff.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I am currently working as a freelancer and building my passive online business at the same time. I am doing this for most of the week, and I did manage my time for both my work and my online business. In order for me to relieve myself from stress, I usually go out with my best buddy to eat and talk interesting topics, and our dreams. If I work straight in my freelancing work and online business, I usually play one game, watch anime or Youtube video in between which of course helped me relieve stress and get back to work once again. Listening to music also helped me well to get things going.

7. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I wish I had close friends that were also involved in IM. It does feel like such a lonely existence at times. What anime do you watch?

8. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I am really so eagerly trying to find an answer to this question, I feel no stresses while at oflline work but while online I find it tough to cope with certain situations. Then I go to certain friendly forums and participate in funny conversations. That helps me bring me to my normal self.

9. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Yoga got some simple steps to cope up with stress. Taking a deep breath can go a long way in relaxing you.

For example if you are going to face an interview board or a large group of people coming to your house for a party, these are situations any human can get tensed up a little bit. The gravity of the situation varies from person to person.

Taking a deep breath will fill your lungs with enough oxygen for your brain to function smoothly and finally it will signal you to relax. But I don't think it is going to help you if you are in the midst of an utmost disaster in your life.

10. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Let me add this. It is also good to have massage. I have someone, a deaf person ,who is jobless and ask him for massage. I pay him an amount depending on me. But I do pay him higher than he expected because he has no job. Such massage is a stress reliever for me

11. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Even if my job as a technical consultant is not stressful, I sometimes feel stress in my body for some other reasons maybe. My best bed to relieve stress is a full body massage. There is a massage provider near our house and a simple phone call would get me an appointment for home service massage. At 9pm, the massage would lull me to sleep and right after I would go straight to bed to wake up refreshed on the next morning.

12. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    As for me, I am trying to watch an inspirational movie where I can relax by watching it. Sometimes when I am not feeling well due to stress I try to have an exercise or a recreational activity where I can have an exercise and at the same time enjoying the activity like playing basketball with my friends. It helps me to avoid thinking too much about the things that make me stressful.

13. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I am working in a software company , from which anyone can imagine what a busy schedule i have.
    I got time to relax in weekends only. I mostly watch movies , sometimes went outside for dinner or lunch, play cricket with friends, i am also fond of cooking. Laptop is my another friend with which i never feel bored shopping is my anothet hobby

14. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    In the present day of hectic lifestyle it is quite common to get tensed up in small matters, If you are working in a company, the worst thing you can do is to bring your tension to home. Just try to sort it out at the workplace itself. But I know it is not quite possible as we are humans.

I once read a story about a person who used to tie knot in a tree daily when he return from the office in the evening. In the morning he will just untie it. He was just trying to tie the tension in that tree before entering the house and in the morning while leaving for the office he will just carry it with him.

15. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I have always used exercise as a stress reliever and found it very effective. In fact, I think frequent exercise, just like other stress relief activities e.g meditation, reduces the likelihood of getting stressed during the course of the day or in the coming days. In my opinion, people who practice such activities regularly are much less likely to get stress-related health complications compared to people who don't.

16. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    i am working in a software company after that do work for freelancer.
    My thing is listening music and taking tea is best for relieve stress.
    But here some tips for relieve stress:-
    Wake up early in morning,
    More laugh because laugh is better effect for relive stress,
    try some light exercise,

17. annapham

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    10 simple ways to relieve stress:
    Listen to music
    Call a friend
    Talk yourself through it