What do you use for programming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
What do you use for programming ? I guess you don't write the code in notepad.

I like phpwebdesigner , I think it's a nice software , coloring pieces of code.

N

nameslot

Dear admin I really use notepad for coding my PHP scripts.

I have coded projects ranging from 80,000 to 150,000 lines of php code and have just used notepad for the entire projects.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
WOW , that is indeed an achievement , congrats. I tend to get lost on my code , if I leave the computer for 5 mins , when I come back and don't know where to start. Maybe it's also because I'm not such a great coder....

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Dear admin I really use notepad for coding my PHP scripts.

I have coded projects ranging from 80,000 to 150,000 lines of php code and have just used notepad for the entire projects.

Likewise 100% php written in notepad. I tend to write CMS's at the beginning of the project then use a combination of simple php files with header, footer & menu includes with the content in the CMS.

Code:
<?php require("./dbconn.php"); ?>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>UK Wholesale Giftware, Furniture & Stone Supplier :: Worldwide Trading Enterprises Ltd</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META Name="Description" CONTENT="Worldwide Trading is a UK Wholesale Supplier who work very closely with our customers, from small independent outlets – Gift Shops, Furniture Shops and Market Traders – to some of the largest Garden Centres in the country, We pride ourselves on understanding the market and building a Wholesale Product Range that fully meets the consumers’ needs and expectations.">
<META Name="Keywords" CONTENT="Uk wholesale supplier distributor garden centre gift shop market trader stock wholesaler carvings furniture handicraft stoneware terracotta pottery trade england devon">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/shop/stylesheet.css">
<?php require("./wwt.css.php"); ?>
<?php require("./header.php"); ?>

<TR>
  <TD COLSPAN=11 valign="top" height=100% bgcolor=#EDEFEE >
  <TABLE WIDTH=539 bgcolor=ffffff BORDER=1 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 align="centre">
        <tr><td width=539  height=173>

<?php
$content_name = 'index_page_1';
require ("./cms.php");
?>

</td></tr>
        <tr><td colspan=2  width=539 height=94  >
                <div class="text2"><BR> 
<?php
$content_name = 'index_page_2';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_3';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_4';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_5';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_6';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_7';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_8';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_9';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_10';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_11';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_12';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_13';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_14';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'index_page_15';
require ("./cms.php");
$content_name = 'fairtrade';
require ("./cms.php");
?>

</div>
        </td></tr>
 </table>
   </TD>
<?php require("./right.php"); ?>

<?php require("./footer3.php"); ?>
This is to code to one of my pages!

In truth I should write some sort of dynamic CMS where I can control the page layouts from within the CMS and not just the content. That would make it a CMS's built website and not a website with a cms!

C

CenZ

i use dreamweaver 8 mainly cause its open when i create my sites anyway and it has syntax coloring

N

nameslot

The fact is that I was not having internet connection when I started PHP.

I read books and went to cyber cafe's and get the ebooks. Would come home and practice it out.

So wasn't even knowing if there is some tool for it or not.

Well and that is still the case after 4 years.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I use notepad due to speed. With my site being split into soo many seperate php include files waiting 5 - 10 seconds for dreamweaver to launch from my ftp client wont fit into my short attention span.

M

mariuskl

i'm using dreamweaver 8 beacuse is simple and easy to work with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan

White Belt
I use Notepad, Notepad++ and vi (vim - vi improved) mostly. I've tried some of the IDEs for PHP but do not like them. Dreamweaver takes up too many resources and is very slow to load.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
:) I recently started to use DW also, and I like it even if it takes many resources and makes my computer slower. I have many other advantages from using it.

J

JKookServ

I use 3 software
- Dreamweaver
- Frontpage
- Expression Web
- and notepad

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
I use a variety of programs over the years including notepad, frontpage, swish, dreamweaver, photoshop, etc. It is best in my opinion to have experience with many different programs.

YooHee

Yellow Belt
It depends when I need to make a simple site or a page then I use note pad and HTML

when more advance site or page Visual web developer

and to some other SW i will make I use VB 6 or .Net and C++ or C#

aathuls

Yellow Belt
Dreamweaver is the better way and its the best and most simple and has all the functions and can be used very easily.

jaibin

Yellow Belt
I am using Dream weaver. It is very easy to use and it has many advanced features. It has a split screen and it usually doesn't change code around and add useless stuff. It has a nice Find/Replace features which will take care of everything in that page, or in a group of files or a whole directory even.

--------------------
Jaibin

Status
Not open for further replies.