Tutorial What Is Dropshipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
One of the best ways to get into selling items online is to establish and ecommerce site based on drop shipping. Drop shipping is described as a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not stock goods, instead, customers orders and shipping details is sent to wholesalers who then ship the goods directly to customer. Just like other forms of buying and selling, the retailer make their profit on the difference between the whole sale and the retail price.

Drop shipping is particularly suited to online trading because the retailer can just have an e commerce website without any requirement for an offer, cutting down on over heads.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
For smaller e-shops this is always the best option. Very few have the money required to create a product stock and choose this option in order to develop an online business.

Yet, it is sometime hard to win the trust of the parteners, as you will always be connected to the whole seller.

So your shop trust is based on others... ( as a disadvantage I may say )

adaliaseo

White Belt
do you know how they sell through ebay with dropshipping product? i'm still confuse, for example we registered with alibaba dot com, but in that site, we must buy in bulk.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
The problem with dropshipping is that it seems everyone's doing it (ok, perhaps a slight exaggeration).

The key is to find a niche market, easier said than done, and exploit that market before everyone else jumps on the bandwaggon.

Not forgetting of course that finding a genuine company to dropship can be dodgy, like everything else there are a lot of scams out there.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
If I am correct, Alibaba.com is mainly a marketing platform to find suppliers, I have not come across drop shippers there, but then again, I have not been there for a few years now

do you know how they sell through ebay with dropshipping product? i'm still confuse, for example we registered with alibaba dot com, but in that site, we must buy in bulk.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I have been thinking for months to launch an adult webshop to the local market. In my country there is a very nice shop so I suppose I will make some kind of agreement with themm though I still don't have the final decision.:rolleyes:

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Zoli, first you need to find a supplier, once you find a supplier who ship directly to customer, you then create the adult shop and drive traffic to it.

I hope you did not get the inspiration for the sex shop from when I took you to Soho when you came to UK LOL

I have been thinking for months to launch an adult webshop to the local market. In my country there is a very nice shop so I suppose I will make some kind of agreement with themm though I still don't have the final decision.:rolleyes:

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I hope you did not get the inspiration for the sex shop from when I took you to Soho when you came to UK LOL
No, Temi it has earlier origin lol.:D Otherwise I see nothing wrong about adult shops, though lot of people think on this as a tabu.

kedaimart

Yellow Belt
the posts here are very helpful for me to start my online shop. it is good tips to find shops which have many products then we can cooperate with them. in this case we do not have to have warehouse to store our stock products

Status
Not open for further replies.