Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial What Is Guest Posting? An Ultimate Guide For Beginners!

Discussion in 'Guest Posting, Link Building and Backlinks' started by Muhammad Rizwan, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    guestpost3.

What is guest posting? This is a common question asked by almost every blogger, doing OFF-Page SEO of his/her website. Let me explain it to you in a simple manner.

Guest Posting is a strategy used by bloggers and SEO experts for building an online reputation and ranking their sites. We can say that “Guest Posting means to write content/articles for a website other than yours”. In the guest posting, a person acts as a guest author and writes articles for someone else’s website. The topic of the guest post is either selected by you, or the website owner provides you the topic. Both of the cases work same and you have to publish your own written articles on another person website.

Why should we do guest posting?

Whenever, we post our own written articles on someone’s website. The main benefit we get from them is a back link. Basically, the main purpose of guest posting is getting a link back to our site.

Why is guest posting so important in SEO?

You might be thinking that writing articles for other people sites, without any cost doesn’t sound well. You must know that Guest posting is an awesome way of building an online reputation. If you own a blog and want to rank it high in search engines, you must know that Guest Posting will help you in your mission. If done correctly, it can help you rank higher and get more traffic on your site. There are some key factors that make guest posting essential for every blogger.

Increased traffic to your site

Posting articles on other person’s site allow you to have a link back to your site. This link is helpful for gaining more traffic to your site. You post articles on that site as a guest author and get a link back to your site in return. It allows you to make strong readership and attract them towards your site.

Attracting Large Audiences

Guest posting is an easy way of attracting the attention of another site’s visitors. If you are struggling for visitors to your site, you can get a lot of visitors attracted towards your site. Some of them will become permanent readers of your blogs and you will get an increased amount in your site’s traffic.

guestpost2.

Building Strong Relations

Posting articles on your site allow you to build strong relations with other bloggers. By writing articles for them, you provide value to their blog. This will allow you to build a strong reputation in this field. You will meet with other businesses and website owners related to your blog, providing you an awesome opportunity to learn a lot of new stuff from them.

Search Engines Love it

Whenever you receive a backlink from another person’s website, it’s recorded in search engines as something like a vote. The more back links you have means, more votes towards your site. Time to time these backlinks will be indexed by Google and other search engines. It will provide your site value in search engines and increase its rankings.

Finding out guest posting opportunity?

After learning what is guest posting and what are the benefits of it? Now you might be thinking that how I will find a site offering guest posting service? Before start writing articles for other sites, you must find out and make a list of some sites. Always remain in your own niche and don’t try to make a guest post on another niche related site. Use the following 3 basic rules for building your own guest posting strategy:
    • Make a List of Niche Related Sites
    • Write more than one article for a site
    • Never forget to Link back to your site
    • Respond to the activity on that article
    • Interact with site owners
    • Share your articles on social media
    Now for searching guest posting sites, you can use Google. Yes! Using a search engine is the easiest way of finding guest posting opportunities. You can use different keywords on Google to make a complete list, e.g. Free Guest Post, guest posting, accepting guest post, guest post for, etc. These are some of the keywords tested by me and will direct you towards some famous guest posting sites. You can choose any of them and start your guest posting opportunity.

guestpost4.

Which sites should you choose?
    You must not start guest blogging without any researching. Don’t just make guest posts on irrelevant blogs and sites. In the guest posting, relevancy proves to be very important. You must publish and write articles only for blogs related to your niche. Also, you should select some famous sites, don’t just write for a site having low traffic. It won’t make any benefit for you; rather you will just waste your time on it. Hence, the following points are every important to be considered while selecting a site:
    • Relevancy with your site
    • Niche of that site
    • Keywords of site
    • Traffic of site
    • Rank of site
    • Large Readership community
    That’s it! Now you are ready to start guest posting and improve your site’s rankings. Follow the guide properly and you will not face nay problems.

#1 Muhammad Rizwan, Dec 23, 2015 at 9:10 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  2. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I would like to point out some problems too.
    When we do guest posting, the readers are only interested in the content, they visit the website for the content only. They hardly check the writers profile only if the content is exceptional.
    Exceptional - I mean - very interesting or exclusive to the users.

Its not easy to get accepted as guest poster on any website. The website owner needs quality content, informative content, well researched content - so whenever you apply you need to thing these points.

3. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    It's absolutely true that getting accepted for guest posting on a site is a tough task. But not that much tough these days. Many new sites are willing to get guest authors for their blogs. There are many reasons or this, some of them want immediate content on their blog. Also some of them are willing to rank their site again higher after a break or something else. Even some people don't know how to write content/articles? These types of blog owners are always willing to get more useful content for their blogs.

I will advise newbies to search for new sites, not that famous nor that much new. Try and provide value to their blog by writing guest posts. They will accept you immediately because they need you. After that, you can start your guest posting journey to more advanced sites and vice versa.

4. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Guest posting is useful as it can direct some high conversion traffic and help you to generate some sales provided that you submit the guest post to popular and authoritative sites such as HongKiat.com, Forbes and etc.

5. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Absolutely correct! Guest posting is the best way of increasing the traffic of a website. One of the best things is that it would be targeted traffic. Traffic generated from popular guest posting sites is very useful for affiliate marketers too. Because it's highly converting and we can get many buyers for our affiliate products.

However as I have explained earlier in this thread, it's not easy to get our guest post approved on famous sites. You can simply follow the guidelines listed in this thread and get awesome guest posting opportunities.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    This is an excellent guide for beginners who wanted to start guest posting. To tell you honestly, I was doing guest posting before. I did have a guest post few years ago, and I did give value towards the readers of his blog. I also admitted that an experienced affiliate and internet marketer paid me $70 for a simple small guest post about his own blog to my website before (I may not disclose his name). I think guest posting is another great strategy for us to gain more exposure and attention to our websites, blogs or landing pages that we had, considering the fact that we should abide by their guest posting rules.

7. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Absolutely right! Guest posting is an amazing and the most effective way of getting expose to our own site. The only thing we have to do is create a useful site of our own. Afterwards find a relevant site that supports guest posting from authors. Now we just need to write useful content for their site and get attraction of the site's visitors towards ours. Hence, both people become happy the readers get more useful stuff, the author gets his commission as a backlink and some traffic. Also the site owner gets value to his/her blog.

8. saratrunk

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Sites that give you traffic are sometimes limited to traffic reach extent. They cant allow you to get much of their traffic & so they make sure guest posting dont get follow rule in indexation. This stops possibility to get traffic to your site or sometimes your post goes mixed up with 100 's of other posts giving you rare visibility.

9. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    This is not necessary that our post get's rare attraction. We only want to have a quality backlink from an authority site. Google takes care for the rest of the stuff. Whenever Google comes to know about the new backlink, it get's stored in it's database. That backlink will then be of great use to us while doing SEO.

Getting traffic from a guest blogging site is a separate thing. We receive it as a secondary reward for our efforts to the site. We provide quality content to their site, they give us a backlink. But traffic is an optional stuff, sometimes we get a lot of traffic from a single site. Sometimes we don't even get a few visitors.

10. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Some of the good EDU, GOV sites offers you to create free blog with them and you can publish as many posts you want which will be used to create backlinks for your website. Of course, later on time these blogposts will get good authority and to manage to give a good boost at SERP's for your blog/website you re trying to create backlinks for.

11. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    You are right! some sites offer that service for free. However it is not that much effective. You know that if a site offers it for free, many people will make spam blogs with copy content on them. Making the domain name Spam in the eye of Google's algorithm. If a person publish legitimate content on the site, by making a new blog. Google will not focus much on that content, rather it will look at the domain first in it's records. Since, it was recorded as spam, it will consider our site as spam too.

There will be one more possibility that no spam site is present on the free blog provider. However, making an authority site/blog in the eye of Google, is not that much easy task. It takes years for building and reaching that goal. Only a few people get success and others just leave it in half way.

One more important thing is we should not make a lot of backlinks, using a single domain name or site. It can attract Google and can cause several problems for our site. Google can start thinking that the backlinks are being made. Therefore the first step it will take is stop considering that backlink group from the site. Afterwards it can even penalize the site, for which the backlinks are being made.

All of the discussion above shows that we should not consider any of these for our site., Rather choose some authority sites and make a few backlink from each one. So that we could get better results in less period of time.

12. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    I don't believe there's any evidence of guest posting being any more beneficial than getting a regular backlink.
    It was more of a trendy fad than anything.

13. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Guest post is really something that can lighten up your website in suitable manner. Audiences are given full time to figure out about your product or website in details. Having more of your posts on various website make sense to be reviewed of your product or website in an easy manner that reaches out to the most people.

14. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    I think you are getting confused my friend. Guest posting is still an effective factor of OFF-PAGE SEO. All types of SEO firms are also using this technique for ranking their clients site. It is one of the most used methods these days. The backlink made by this site is also much more valuable than a normal backlink. I hope it clears your question and you will not say this anymore.

Yes, guest posting is really effective for business sites too. People have ranked their sites in less time just by using guest posting techniques. Even many sales are generated by this way. Therefore, it has a lot of benefits not only a single benefit.

15. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Guest posting is very common like previously it had been for link buying. I am afraid if the Google is not going to take it as something black hat. The reason is link selling has been fair but once Google has analyzed that few sites are gaining the link juice for nothing.

16. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Guest posting nowadays is somewhat converted into Link Selling. Free links on relevant good niches has rare available. That is why I'm not sure it would be beneficial for Paid Guest postings which has offered by everyone.

17. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0

Yes, this is what my concern is all about.
    I saw Google Panda that stopped content duplication, content spinning software to stop distributing the poor content or content that is already on some other website is going to be on a new website. Google come over with this situation and Panda has hammered the sites badly with duplicate content or spinned content.

Later, With the Penguin it hammered the link selling and providing link juice to a site is even not eligible. A link that comes naturally looks fine to Google but a link purchased to improve the search engine ranking result. Google has to improve the ranking of those websites no matter what. This is where Penguin stooped and hammered the link selling sites badly.

Now, it is very common trick to buy guest post and get a blogpost or so called guest post/ inner pages of a HTML website and improve your ranking. This is might be on Google on mind. Might not be for next update but sooner for sure.

18. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @Manish Mishra one more points comes in mind. To get free and relevant backlinks we can build new Free Sites on free high authority sites like Wordpress, Blogger, Livejournal, Weebly etc. Get dofollow links from our own free sites and do SEO for these sites. Hope it will helps in this regard.