what is not link farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravighy

White Belt
Hi,

I would like to know how many how many anchor links can be allowed to per day? I don't want to do it too aggressively or too slowly. I am using 4 keywords, and anchoring all the keywords, in some sites, i use only my site's link without any anchor text. but I still feeling insecured. Therefore, I am asking the question, how many anchored links can be allowed per day so that I don't fall into link farming trap.

Regards,
Ravi Verma

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I take it you are talking about linking to your site from other sites. As long as you vary the anchor text and they are coming from quality sites, it should be fine.

ravighy

White Belt
Hi Temi,

can I plan for 100 anchor links per day? with 4 variations for one keyword? So that one keyword will be written in four different ways. Each keyword variation will give 25 anchor links. will that be fine?

Regards,
Ravi Verma

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think 100 per day is a bit too much for a young website, I will say reduce that to about 10 or so per day, see the effect the link is having on your site over a week or so. If you add about 100 links per day I think your site could suffer some sort of penalty because 100 link per day is not natural for a small website.

ravighy

White Belt
Thanks Temi,

I will start with 10 per day. Try this for one week and then keep increasing gradually.As me and my site grows older, we will get more links per day.

So keyword optimizing can be done only with anchor links and anchor links can be get from:
1. Web directory submission
2. Article submission
3. Social bookmarking
4. Blogs

Am I right? since no other website will keep my link on their site since I am new and moreover, I don't like reciprocal links.

So those four are the only white hat ways to get anchor links?

Regards,
Ravi Verma

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Don't just keep adding links, see the effect its having on your site first, is it helping it? Is it hindering it? Sometime links actually harm a site, so always take stock of the effect of link on your site before you build more links.

ravighy

White Belt
Hmmmm....but Temi, you know I am not an expert. Don't reply as if you are talking to a SEO. I am very new, like my website, lol.

Well, by taking stock of the effects do you mean I should check:

1. If links are increasing or not with a link checker software?
2. site:www dot domain dot com to see how many pages are indexed
3. position on search engine by using some software?

I don't have any other idea, lol. If you tell me, how to take stock of effects of link building then I will be grateful.

Regards,
Ravi Verma

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I tend to do things manually but if you can get a software do do it that is fine. Here is an example.
I am trying to get this forum to rank well for the keyword "uk webmasters", I do a search for the keyword in Google and I saw that the forum is on page 1 position 7

I build 10 links with the keywords to point to the site, after 1 week, I check the keyword again in Google. What is the position of my site for the keyword? Has it moved to page 1 position 3 or has it slide to page 2 position 4?
if it move up, my link building is fine, I can keep building link, if the keyword slipped, then I should stop the link building for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.