Help Me/Question What is robots.txt?

ashank64

i am getting 404 error in my webmaster tool for my website. Also google emailed me about message like this '
Googlebot found an increase in server errors on dailyarts.in
' fix it.
But i don't know how o fix. Can anyone help me how to locate robots.txt file and fix it?
Also google telling my robots.txt file is preventing googlebot to rank.. help
Also you can see pics below and tell me the solution please
webmaster2.png

Attachments

Robots.txt if file that use in website to give access to crawler to crawl website. If you want crawler not crawl your any particular pages then you can give instruction in robots.txt file.

neelseowork

Blue Belt
You will not get a response in others thread. start your own thread to get the solution.

i am getting 404 error in my webmaster tool for my website. Also google emailed me about message like this '
Googlebot found an increase in server errors on dailyarts.in
' fix it.
But i don't know how o fix. Can anyone help me how to locate robots.txt file and fix it?
Also google telling my robots.txt file is preventing googlebot to rank.. help
Also you can see pics below and tell me the solution pleaseView attachment 3770

Robots.txt referred as crawlers, bots, or spiders is software programs that constantly travel the web, indexing the information found on websites.

Robots.txt file is at the root of the website that involves sectors of your website you don’t want to be attained by search engine crawlers. Webmasters use a robot.txt file to instruct the search engine robots on how to crawl & index the web pages.

Saravanan28

Yellow Belt
Robots.txt file is very important. Using a robots.txt file and with a disallow direction, we can restrict bots or search engine crawling program from websites and or from certain folders and files.

Technogeeks

Robots.txt file is used to prevent a particular page to be indexed by search crawler. Robots.txt file instruct search crawler that the page should be crawled or not.

Yuva12

Yellow Belt
The robots. txt file, also known as the robots exclusion protocol or standard, is a text file that tells web robots (most often search engines) which pages on your site to crawl. It also tells web robots which pages not to crawl. Let's say a search engine is about to visit a site.

lishmalinyjames

Yellow Belt
The robots. txt file, also known as the robots exclusion protocol or standard, is a text file that tells web robots which pages on your site to crawl. It also tells web robots which pages not to crawl. Let's say a search engine is about to visit a site.