Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question What Is Semantic Html?

Discussion in 'HTML Coding' started by steve taylor, Feb 26, 2016.

1. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    It is a coding style. It uses the HTML markup to support the semantics or meaning of the content.
    for example :-
    In HTML <b> </b> tag used for bold statement where as in semantic HTML it replace with <strong></strong> tag.
    and in HTML <i> </i> tag is used for italic where as in semantic HTML it replace with <em></em> tags.

2. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Semantic HTML or semantic markup is HTML that introduces meaning to the web page rather than just presentation. The benefit of writing semantic HTML stems from the goal of a web pageā€”to communicate. And by adding semantic tags to your documents, you are providing additional information about your document, which aids in communication.