What is the best way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John121

Yellow Belt
What is the best way to promote a website? I find word-of-mouth doesnt work that well and I was wondering what else I could try. I have tryed exchanging links, and that just turned into a link farm with no traffic coming my way. I am thinking about trying to buy some ad space on daniweb.com and other Highly reconized places. But does anyone else know something that can help? And if I do buy some ad space, is it promised to get me traffic/members? :cool:

S

sfX

Buying ad space isn't always a great way.

Signature links on big forums seem to work quite well..

Also posting a topic about your site on known forums, I'd suggest that.
It depends on what your site is all about, but go to a well known, and make a topic only if there is an advertisement section...

John121

Yellow Belt
I've tried this and got only a handful (3-4members) to come. But I guess I could try agian.

Would this work:

Giving an incentive for bringing members to a forum? Maybe like $10 for every 20 members you bring? or somethin like that? :cool:

U

unkas

I think SEO is the most effective way to promote a site. Unfortunately it's the most difficult way too.

P

pinyo

What kind of forums do you have? It is notoriously hard to start a forum and gain members that actually post. I feel your pain. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.