Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question What Is The Importance Of Local Seo On-site Optimization?

Discussion in 'Onsite or Onpage SEO' started by Zirkon Kalti, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Can you please tell me why local on site SEO is important? Why do you have to optimize your site locally after optimizing it for the search engine? What are some of the ways to optimize a site for multiple local sites?

2. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    SEO means to optimize a site for ranking higher in search engines and get more traffic. After that generate revenue from that traffic and maintain the rank. It doesn't end up after getting good rankings in search engines. Rather the competition starts from the day, a site is ranked better in the search engine. There are many sites releasing days by day. Some of them will be based on the same niche as yours. Now if you don't do anything further after ranking in the search engine. The newly released site will do something to compete for the place you are getting in search results. Hence, making your rankings down and down. At a time, you will lose your rankings, just because of this fact that you didn't optimize your site again locally.

3. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    It is not essential to do Local SEO on any site.
    Local website SEO is way different than the SEO that you do for other sites. If you have a business like shop or dental clinic locally, you can create a website and rank locally. The local search changes very fast as compare to other markets or Global markets.
    The strategies to rank website locally are same but a bit difficult. You can take the advantage of tools like schema, google's business page, to get started.
    Hope this helps.

4. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Web design and Search engine optimization is related to each other. The way you design your website will reflect in your Search engine optimization. As for me, I design web pages thinking what would my SEO be. I can can also think of an SEO after I design the web page or vice versa. Sometimes I base my SEO with my web design and sometimes my web design with SEO.

5. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    The first thing to consider while optimizing content is the audience. If your website is for local audience, you have to optimize for local searches. For instance, if your website is about city tour in a certain territory, you have to use keywords and keyphrase that are used locally. However, if your audience is international, there is no point in using locally searched terms as keywords

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    For me, I think the reason why local on-site optimization is important is because for local customers or clients to easily find your website on the top of search results. Let's say for example that you are from Louisiana, and your business is plumbing service. It is important that you should target customers who are from that area by properly optimizing your keywords to the site. For instance, you may be targeting "Louisiana Plumbing Services" as an example. Try to check how often are they searching this service within the area using Google Keyword Planner or Market Samurai. You can research related keywords that might help you gain new customer or clients who are searching you using the keywords they are typing on Google.

7. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Local SEO can be important and should be done only locally.
    e.g. A local garments shop, a pizza supplier, etc, can be the good examples. They have nothing to do with New Delhi if they are only have chain of shops in Mumbai only. There will be no use at all even if it does.

8. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    According to the google local search result algorithm, they prefer to provide nearby result for query that are a users search in google. IF you are searching for restaurant they provide you your nearest result around you. If no local result is found when they are provide you regional result.

9. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Local Search engine optimization (SEO) is required if your website are developed for region specific.
    Examlpe:-
    Let there is a website for online grocery marketing which only deliver grocery in a single city. Then in that case we have to apply local search engine optimization techniques. In local search engine optimization social media play very important role to gain more popularity.

10. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    Local seo optimization help a business that is dealing locally or want to establish a relationship in the local areas. It sometimes could a grocery shop or a medicine center that is able to delivery to the city.

11. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Local SEO on site optimization is most important for your business in local area, Because when a user search his query in google search page google shown the result in search engine result page on localization basis like firstly show local area network after that other.

12. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    If a website developed for local purpose like local college website and online business website which provide their services in a single state. Then that type of website does not reacquire more effort in SEO. Because we can easily reach to the people using facebook whatapps etc.