My 2 Cents What Kind Of Computer(s) Do You Have?

coolyfrost

Hello! I know that many people here specialize in various different aspects regarding web development. This means that each individual needs a slightly different configuration in order to work as productively as possible. Some people don't need a very powerful computer but require both a combination of portability and longevity so they get a medium-ranged laptop with a very good battery. Some people require some portability but a very powerful machine, so they have a high-end laptop. Some people need several of these, so they have a desktop computer for epic power and speeds whilst also having a laptop due to its flexibility. What kind of setup do you guys have?
Personally, I have a desktop and a laptop. The desktop was custom made by me and it has an Nvidia GTX770, an FX-8350 and 8GB of RAM with 1TB of HDD and 64GB of SSD storage, respectively. I also have a Samsung Chromebook, which is quite nice due to its extremely long battery life.

Vinaya

I don't know much about hardware because I am non-technical person. I have a laptop, it is compaq 510. My laptop has 240 GB hard disk drive. (Yes, I have limited space, and it order to substitute the limitation I have bought 1 TM external hard disk). I use my laptop not only to write but also work online.I also watch movies on my laptop. I don't have a desktop but I am considering to buy a desktop.

Alexandoy

As I had posted in another thread, I am in the process of deciding on what to buy for a new computer whether a laptop or a desktop. My present computer is a core-duo that I bought in 2009. It is still running good on XP although it is now experiencing problems in installing new programs. Particularly the video editing software, it is asking for a 64-bit processor and mine is only 32-bit. That is the reason why I am putting aside a budget for a new computer. And since my budget is limited, I cannot decide on a laptop mainly because of the cost.

steve taylor

White Belt
I have general purpose computer which is normally used in office and home .
Configuration of my laptop are as follows :-
  • Intel i5 Processor (4th Generation)
  • Microsoft Windows 10(Home Basic)
  • 4GB RAM (DDR3)
  • 2GB Graphics (Intel Graphics)
  • One HDMI port.
  • 4 USB Ports (2 USB version 3 And 2 Are USE version 2)
  • Full HD Screen (Resolution 1080P)
This PC is fullfill my all computer related need.

RADHESHYAM GUPTA

White Belt
I have Two laptop one is for my office and 2nd for my home, and my both laptop brand is Sony Vaio which configuration as follows:-

• 1st laptop
Intel i3 processor (3rd generation)
HDD 500 GB
RAM 4 GB
Graphic 1GB
one HDMI and one VGA port
4 USB ports (3 port is 2.0 and 1 is 3.0)
Full HD(1080p)
Windows 8.1
  • 2nd laptop
Intel i5 processor (4th generation)
HDD 500 GB
RAM 8 GB
Graphic 2GB
one HDMI and one VGA port
4 USB ports (3 port is 2.0 and 1 is 3.0)
Full HD(1080p)
Windows 10

Bretthuda33

Before I got into IM I got my computer for the purpose of gaming. So I invested in a desktop gaming computer and have found it very helpful to my marketing experience. I am able to run hundreds of programs at a time and although I have never done botting or proxies I will have the option to do so. It really helps me to have a good cpu as I run a lot of traffic exchange sites.

masterbusiness

Content Writer
I got a personal computer that I use to work. It has good specifications that is just right with my kind of work. I do most of my job online and so I badly needed to have a good set of computer. Apart from that I also have my work sync to my laptop. I needed to do that just in case I need to go out of the house and have to complete a certain work at the same time.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
I am using my 2009 made Sony Viao laptop. It has below specifications and it is working like a charm.
Operation system: Windows 8
Processor: Inter Core i3
Hard disk: 500 GB
Ram: 2GB

I also have 2 computers but i prefer to work on the laptop.

bharath

I had one Desktop, laptop and both operating systems are windows XP because of old systems.
My laptop is Lenovo Y410
Core 2 duo processor
1Gb Ram

Desktop comes with 2 GB Ram with a CRT monitor..
I like working only on CRT monitors as it won't give pain in my eyes at all.

dcristo

Content Writer
I have 2 desktops (Windows XP/Vista), a laptop (Windows 7) and a Chromebook. Although I am on my desktop typing this, I actually use my laptop more than the desktops nowadays, as I like to hook it up to my TV.

Desktop comes with 2 GB Ram with a CRT monitor.
You still have a CRT monitor!!?? You are living in the Stone Age :)

bharath

I have 2 desktops (Windows XP/Vista), a laptop (Windows 7) and a Chromebook. Although I am on my desktop typing this, I actually use my laptop more than the desktops nowadays, as I like to hook it up to my TV.

Yeah, I recently bought an old CRT monitor because it keep eyes cool while LCD make pain in eyes I can't use laptop all the time because it make me fast asleep. I can use CRT monitor for more hours in a day, but laptop can't.

dcristo

Content Writer
Yeah, I recently bought an old CRT monitor because it keep eyes cool while LCD make pain in eyes I can't use laptop all the time because it make me fast asleep. I can use CRT monitor for more hours in a day, but laptop can't.
Do you take breaks when online?

sunshine

Blue Belt

Oh Yes you're right. Using CRT monitor is just like living beyond the Stone Age. CRTs have a lot of of deficiencies, and they're certainly not getting pleasure as much as newer display technologies.

dcristo

Content Writer
Oh Yes you're right. Using CRT monitor is just like living beyond the Stone Age. CRTs have a lot of of deficiencies, and they're certainly not getting pleasure as much as newer display technologies.
They also take up a lot of space on the desk.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
I only have one desktop and I also I have one laptop. I thought my laptop was damaged but recently found out that it still work. May be it got heated for long hours use and couldn't start properly but now it is ok.

krishatg

Content Writer
I have Sony VAIO Laptop with configuration:
i3 processor, 500 GB hard disk , 15.6 inch screen, 4 GB ram.
But any one want to buy new laptop i would suggest i5 processor , hard disk (acc. to requirement) , 2 GB graphic card and 8 GB RAM.

sunshine

Blue Belt
I’m using Desktop Computer and Laptop both.
Computer have;
Processor: Core2duo 3.0Ghz
Hard disk: 80 GB
Ram :2GB
Operation system: Windows 10
I’m comfortable with my computer that runs fast with me without any dodge.