Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion What Products Should You Promote Online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by dcristo, Jan 13, 2016.

1. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    This is a common question that is asked by a lot of new internet marketers.

Since there are so many unique opportunities and products you can promote on the Internet, often it can be a difficult task trying to identify what products you should try and promote.

When it comes to thinking about what products people are looking for, it is helpful to think about what problems they may need to solve. If it's a problem that is frustrating them, they are likely to pay for a solution.

There are two forces which motivate us or cause us to act. Inspiration or desperation. Are you using these emotions to pull in more customers?

So, what types of products should you promote? I always tell people they should start brainstorming ideas by first thinking about the problems they have in their own life, and their willingness to pay for a solution to said problem. That usually produces a decent list of niche markets you can tap into.

#1 dcristo, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:21 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    You've got a point here @dcristo@dcristo. Before we are going to promote the products, let's try to put ourselves in the others' shoes on what they're really looking for. If you are going to promote a health product for diabetes, try to ask yourself on what you really expect for that product to be the best choice in you. Since I am active in selling nutritional products, I always identify and dig deep the various needs of the prospects before offering them a solution. We have to transition them very well by letting them become open minded on something that you have.

3. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Really great answer @cheezcarls@cheezcarls Before selling any product consider that you are the buyer, by doing so you can easily get an idea of what they(Buyers) are going to like.

4. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I had promoted Lawn products, because did business with such type of products. I used to tell how they works and why we should use, but left it due to less buyers.
    I never tried with health products as they need to purchase and test it before asking someone to buy from me.
    One I joined Quantum where they give some health products to sell, but buyers has refused to buy them.
    Presently hair regrowth product can be sold in markets and many people are doing, but when it comes for the real truth the product has no value for buying.

I hope you got it what I meant.

5. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Yes, very good advice. By putting yourself in the buyer's shoes, it will also help with keyword research and content ideas for your site.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It's better that you should promote products where people make it a daily habit. Health products are important to be taken daily. Before promoting the product, you should know what are the specific needs of your customer first. We don't just meet them and promote the product immediately, but we have to build relationship and dig deep into their needs. I learned it a couple of years ago that my strategies aren't working, but now it does even if I just sell them on occasional purposes.

Question: Can you tell me the reason of your customer why he/she does not buy your health product?

7. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Promoting your product on social media websites can bring some clients/buyers of your products. It is really helpful for bringing traffic to your websites.

8. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Keep yourself at the stage if you would a buyer. Think about your requirements, and plan about you sell online.

9. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    That's going to help you a lot in getting an idea about what the viewers or buyers will be thinking of your product, so you can update it's brief and details accordingly.

10. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Surely, there is no other way to promote and position a product but through identifying the reasons why it should be availed by a consumer. It is also good to let the customers reflect on their purpose of having an item or service.

11. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I promote medical product online.
    Due to in India have Many cities and The all cites are not developed It is very good pertinacity for me to promote medical product online.
    There are few numbers of online site are available to sell medical product online Many cities have not have site like that.
    site are available to serve allover India but it is not reaches every place.

12. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    As a promoter or seller you have to understand the requirement of the customers and what they like, and for that you have to ask some questions from yourself that if you are going to buy this type of product what you look or which things you really want in that product.
    Survey the online market that which category products are searched most by the people.

13. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    It all depends on mathematics honestly. If a product has a good margin, then its worth selling. On the other hand, something like jewellery which has a terrible margin is not worth selling.

14. linneasandel

linneasandel New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I usually promote those products which are mostly used by the individuals and can easily attract them which called promotional products such as keychains, pens, PopSocket phone holders, smartphone's chargers, lip balms, balls, caps, speakers, headphones, etc.