Help Me/Question What would happen to domains if registrar closes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediumcube

White Belt
I was wondering what would happen to the domain names registered at a specific registrar, say, godaddy, then the registrar closed.
Will we lose our domains?

dsf

Yellow Belt
No you will not lose them for sure, i believe the domains are not their property but the property of the internet node 0 = www from which they are all buying and reporting.

Jorge

Yellow Belt
No, as they do not own the domain you bought from them. Every country has a legal office taking care of domains and every registrar is . And there is also someone responsible for all the domains in the world.

Yulia from Dnp

Yellow Belt
i'm pretty sure you wont lose the domain, you will just move it to another register.I think the main reason you can lose your domain is for illegality,otherwise, i think you will be ok :smoking:

eUK-host

Yellow Belt
First of all, Godaddy is the company which is widely spread over the world. Even if such thing happens the ICANN will definitely play a fair game to provide the domains back to their owners.

Crook-sam

Yellow Belt
Before making your final choice on the company to reg your domain, be sure to know what Registrar it resells from.
if you it is reputed company, you can give the reseller a try.

F

fiverivers

In every country they have their own office. You need to first complain there and they will must give you proper reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.