What's your take on text link ad, good, bad, legitimate and/or illegitimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ooen

I read a lot of posts discussing about text link ad in many forums. Many appear to believe that buying a bunch of text link ads is a rather shady practice, yet it's pretty clear that many believe otherwise; it appears that there are many more text link brokers today and many more people are buying and selling text link ads. If you look closely, it's easy to spot who are selling text link ads. If you see the text "Sponsors" in header, footer or side menu and text links next to it, it basically says that text links are text link ads, i..e, sponsors are paying money for these text links.

q1. Are SE happy about this?

q2. Is there any reasonable chance that you will get penalized or banned for doing this?

q2.2. What if two themes, ad publisher's theme and advertiser, sponsor's theme, are similar?

q2.3. What if two themes are different?

myshtern

Yellow Belt
q1. Are SE happy about this?
If its taken too far, they recognize it and ban your website.

q2. Is there any reasonable chance that you will get penalized or banned for doing this?
Look above

q2.2. What if two themes, ad publisher's theme and advertiser, sponsor's theme, are similar?

I dont understand these questions. Are you talking about duplicate content?

O

ooen

myshtern said:

I dont understand these questions. Are you talking about duplicate content?
Your website is about movies, yet you are advertising health insurance. Two themes are different. Your website is about sports, and you are adverting baseball game ticket sales. Two themes are the same. Does this make sense?

myshtern

Yellow Belt
Ah, gotcha ;)
Well it wont help the other site as much as it would if your site was relevant to theirs. Again, if the search engine recognizes thousands of completely different links, then there is a good chance you will be banned. I dont think less than 100 would make cause you any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.