Which Antivirus Software Is Better?

Pooja Sharma

Hi all. I need your suggestion. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and I want to know that is it mandate to install an antivirus software? I do net surfing on it and I am concerned that should I go for paid software or the free one.
What are the best paid and free antivirus software?

niranjan kumar

White Belt
Many antivirus are available in market that you can buy in few dollar .
Bit defender antivirus Plus available in 29 dollar.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus in 60 dollar.
McAfee antivirus Plus in 60 dollar.
Norton Security in 50 dollar.
These antivirus are also available for trial version, first try and then buy.

VIVEK KUMAR

White Belt
Free antivirus is not longer available for a year it is only available for trial. You have to purchase a licence key for utilize full functionality of the any antivirus . It is better to use total security and maximum security instead of internet security. Some popular antivirus brand in India are Norton , Quick Heal, Trend micro etc. You can go for it.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
I am also using Sony Vaio from last 7 years and Avast antivirus from the same years. I just download it from download.com and when they ask for money i uninstall and find another avast antivirus (they have various kind of antivirus).
If you are going to use the boot time scan you will love this anti virus as it may find you viruses from hardware too.

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
If you are using a laptop you are surely using internet and their are number of links which can corrupt the files of your system when opened or reached. There are number of sites which are not good for computer system as they contain many hazardous files that may slow down the performance of your system. It is recommended to use antivirus for all the systems to make them secure and maintain the performance. Norton is what I prefer as the best among all.

Pooja Sharma

So @Manish Mishra I can rely in Avast antivirus? And yes @VIVEK KUMAR I tried for free softwares and I was unable to go ahead as it was just for free trial. My laptop is running on windows 8. I heard that windows 8 has got built in antivirus? Answers would be really appreciated.

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
@Pooja Sharma :

If you are using Windows 8, there are antivirus software that Microsoft provides, but I do not prefer to completely rely on Microsoft Antivirus that is either inbuilt or downloadable from website, as if you really care for the performance of your system you may prefer to any paid or licensed antivirus from another good brands as they are dedicated to secure systems and have their dedicated antivirus support.

Pooja Sharma

Yes I think I will go with quickheel or NPAV. Do I have to go to market to buy them or I can do it online by online transaction. What would be much better? I used NPAV once and it used to take 1 hour for scanning my computer and I think same would be the case with quickheel.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
It is necessary to install an antivirus software to protect your computer from virus and malware when you are browsing the internet. The software will filter away malicious sites so that you won't be able to access sites that contain virus that can infect and harm your computer system. Some of the top antivirus software you can install on your computer are Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Kapersky Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus Plus, Norton Security, F-Secure Antivirus, and Avira Antivirus Pro.

JohnSmithtech

Nowadays, Many Antivirus Software are available in market that you can buy in few dollar.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
McAfee antivirus Plus
Norton Security
These Antivirus Software are also available for trial version, First try and then buy. And Toll-Free Number 1-877-235-8610