Help Me/Question Which Blog Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boilerman

Yellow Belt
When I ask which blog software to for running a blog of my own main website, Wordpress is the common answer.
What I am unsure about, is whether people say Wordpress because "everybody knows that" or because Wordpress is heavily promoted.

What is so great about it? If it is the high numbers of available templates, it would not appeal to me as I don't like using templates for the same reason I don't like HTML editors.

For the time being, I want something compact, quick to install without bells and whistles.
My site http://www.boiler-breakdown-repair-london.co.uk is hosted on a British server using CPanel.

As a footnote, I can write blogs, but know little or nothing about blogging and time is of the essence in adding a blog to my site.

Thanks for your help

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think the reason most people recommend wordpress is its simplicity and ease of use, I have about 20 blogs, every one of them is powered by Wordpress.
I actually don't think wordpress is promoted at by the people behind it, its mostly promoted and recommended by users like the one you have been speaking.

I think Wordpress popularity can also be put down to the fact that its open source, you can use it free, do whatever you like with it, proprietary blogging software do not give you such license.

boilerman

Yellow Belt
That sounds good, I like open source. Linux and OpenOffice are great products.

Is there a "tutorial" available of how to install a WP blog as an addition to an exististing website?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think you should just look for Wordpress installation tutorial, once you found that, installing it into and existing website is just a matter of creating a folder for example I added wordpress to my dating site by creating a folder called dating blog. Quite straight forward I think.

eUK-host

Yellow Belt
I think the reason most people recommend wordpress is its simplicity and ease of use, I have about 20 blogs, every one of them is powered by Wordpress.
I actually don't think wordpress is promoted at by the people behind it, its mostly promoted and recommended by users like the one you have been speaking.

I think Wordpress popularity can also be put down to the fact that its open source, you can use it free, do whatever you like with it, proprietary blogging software do not give you such license.
That's very true. Wordpress is known and used worldwide
due to its simplicity and robustness. Because of the thousands of themes and plugins ranging from SEO to wordpress security helps people to improve their wordpress blog effectively. This is one of the main reason why people likes wordpress more compare to other blogging platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.