Help Me/Question Which Domain Tld’s Is Better?

Swati Mishra

Content Writer
I want to start a website but getting confused what TLD’s should I use to create a website for me. I have heard .com is the best TLD’s but few people says .ORG can help you getting top ranking easier than any other available TLD’s.

I know .info and .net are also two important TLD’s.
Can someone please help me choosing the right TLD’s for my domain name.

skylimit

Content Writer
I suggest these points before you choose your TLD for domain name.
Purpose of your site - Whether its for business or for personal use
Geo based - Whether you are targeting local market or local business
Considering Search Engine - Most TLD's are highly ranked like .com's, so make sure you choose those keywords that are highly ranked and of your interest.
Good Luck!

Swati Mishra

Content Writer
I suggest these points before you choose your TLD for domain name.
Purpose of your site - Whether its for business or for personal use
Geo based - Whether you are targeting local market or local business
Considering Search Engine - Most TLD's are highly ranked like .com's, so make sure you choose those keywords that are highly ranked and of your interest.
Good Luck!
Thanks for replying and letting me know few of really important point.
My idea is simple and straight to create a business website for a global market. I am not into local or geo based as of now. By your suggestions should i go for a .com?

sunshine

Blue Belt
Keep in mind TLDs have not affect on ranking impact and get any kind of initial preference over other TDL.
BTW, Top most and commonly used is .com
After that top most are .org and .net

dcristo

Content Writer
Obviously .com is best, but it shouldn't stop you from getting other popular extensions if you can't secure the .com. You can still get them to rank if you put in the work. A lot of the time it can be difficult getting a good .com domain name, because they are often taken.

bharath

Thanks for replying and letting me know few of really important point.
My idea is simple and straight to create a business website for a global market. I am not into local or geo based as of now. By your suggestions should i go for a .com?
You have said Global so go ahead for dot com, never buy other Tlds and they may come later into disputes for business. So buy com domain and promote your business with hassle free.

dcristo

Content Writer
You have said Global so go ahead for dot com, never buy other Tlds and they may come later into disputes for business. So buy com domain and promote your business with hassle free.
On of my most successful sites was a non .com. There is nothing wrong with using other domain extensions.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
.com is the best in all TLD's because search engines believe this is TLD is going to work worldwide. For me, i have seen a good success with .org and .net too.
Few of my friends always prefer to go for .org only and they find the same results as well.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
The .org has SEO value if you are setting up a website for an organization or charity. The .info and .tips extensions are ok if you are setting up an information website. If you are setting up an e-commerce site or sales page, you should choose the .com extension.

sunshine

Blue Belt
One of my most successful site was a non .com. There is nothing wrong with using other domain extensions.
Sure, a lot of top sites have another TDL rather than .com (like your successful site without .com). Moreover we have some free blogspot sites, getting good ranking in search engines and makes sufficient earning by Google Adsense.