Which editor do you use

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
hey,

tell us which Editor you use to write scripts or code webpages.

Are you using a Basic Texteditor or a more complex software like dreamweaver.

-----

I'm using texteditors to write code because it's a good way to *learn* languages and if you I would use dreamweaver I would have to use the source view. the difference is you can get good text editors for free while you'll have to pay for software like dreamweaver.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I use a lot of different editors. My fav is DW, but regularly use pspad and when I edit huge sql files I need intype. But as you wrote DW is a good helper in learning.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
cool :D I'm a pretty much a newbee to all the cool features of dw^^but I might try to get used to it a bit more.

right now I'm using phase5 on my windows machine and smultron on my macbook

J

johndevid

Hi,
Script Editor is a tool used to write AppleScript, "the language of automation." It's just text, but the Script Editor application basically color codes, executes, and helps you trouble shoot.

I have used AppleScript a number of times to automate things. renaming 700+ files and folders took just a couple of minutes, rather than a couple of hours. I utilize it in some of my workflows with Final Cut to do repetitive key strokes.

jason146

White Belt
Dreamweaver is best and more popular in designers and developers equally and its nearly used by most development firms!!!

LDHosting

Yellow Belt
I code everything in Notepad++. It knows a lot of different languages and there are plugins for even more. I've never tried Dreamweaver to be honest.

dylangle3

White Belt
I have ultraedit.
I don't know if you're familiar with it, I used because this is what our office using.
Its like a notepad plus extra powerful functionality.

Alfredwinston

Yellow Belt
I use notepad++ for my coding and editing web pages. But I am really fond of Coda editor for Mac. Unfortunately I have only windows and cant use the program. I am searching for a editor like coda for windows.

Miss Miaow

White Belt
I have the latest Dreamweaver - CS4. I downloaded it a week ago, so I have about 20 more days until the trial expires.

I've been out of the game for quite some time actually. I tried using Notepad but it's really easier using DW.

J

jacobadam

I am always using Dreamweaver for creating pages. I think its the best tool which allow developer to developing applications.

JaelinRoy

White Belt
Generally I use Notepad++. Notepad++ is free and powerful PHP editor. It supports many programing languages like c, c++, PHP, html and others. It contains lots of option and functionality .It supports Macro, a very useful function that most programming editor does not support.Notepad++ is allow working multiple open file.

L

logo32design

I am using Dreamweaver because through Dreamweaver we manage all things easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.