Help Me/Question Which is more secure cpanel or plesk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have hears from a few web hosting admins that cpanel is far more secure security wise than Plesk.

cPanel seem to allow generation of very strong passwords, a feature Plesk does not seem to have.

If you use both cPanel and Plesk in your company, which one do you find most secure?

hexahost

White Belt
I would say it depends how well we secure the server.
My advice would be

WHM/Cpanel + CSF / APF + a IDS of your choice.

anand4hosting

White Belt
cpanel is secure plesk was hacked and helm was hacked by Turkish hacker i have see...go for cpanel its a LInux powered..and fast and secure..if you think its not then give password protect for the folder or read only permission its solved last option SSL

RiverWire

Yellow Belt
I think i would go for the cPanel, am i following the trend though?.........yes probably.

Never had any experience with PLesk so i cant really comment on it

Multiversum

Banned
I prefer cPanel since the first website hosted, and I have never had big security complaints. I used plesk as well, but unfortunately not long enough to tell how secure it is.

C

compwizards

CPanel is way more secured and has way better features then plesk has. Plesk is easy to hack into whereas cpanel isn't. Cpanel provides a better security platform where you can set stronger passwords something that plesk does not offer. I been using cpanel/whm since day one 5+ years of owning a webhosting company and have had no problem at all with hackers plus I hackerproof my entire server anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.