My Experience Which one would be second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Hi

As you are aware, Google is the number 1 search engine and Yahoo is 2nd.

If Yahoo search engine no longer existed, which search engine do you think would become 2nd and do you think this search engine would give Google some good competition?

Would they perform better then Yahoo?

Thanks

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I think eventually live.com is going to get stronger as Microshaft controls the operating systems on most pc's. Ask.com with the 3d search thingy will probably gain more market share. Google seems to be spreading out and concentrating on value added products and not the core search technology.

andyf

White Belt
According to me ASK.com would be the second .....
Have you recently used ASK......? you may be surprised to see their new features.

Ask.com have improved it’s interface by giving users a three-pane layout for their search query; The left pane is devoted to the search box; it’s where users can type or modify their query and receive suggestions to narrow or expand his search query for related terms. The middle pane contains traditional set of results while the third panel shows all supplemental/related items such as images, music track, animation/video(if any) etc…..

it can be considered as an attempt to race with Google....;)

Last edited:

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I'd go for MSN , but as about the competition , i don't think google will ever have a level of competition just close to it's current value. For example in RO , google.ro is the number 1 search engine , yahoo and msn practicly do not exist.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I'd go for MSN , but as about the competition , i don't think google will ever have a level of competition just close to it's current value. For example in RO , google.ro is the number 1 search engine , yahoo and msn practicly do not exist.
Since google has been giving regional and not internation results from google.com I am getting a lot more UK sites appearing in the serps. 90% of the time (unless I am trying to buy something) this isnt what I want. I think google is starting to shoot it self in the foot.

I did a search earlier for wholesale clearance bulk in google and 9 out of the top 10 SERPS returned were for ebay. What use is that?

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I did a search earlier for wholesale clearance bulk in google and 9 out of the top 10 SERPS returned were for ebay. What use is that?
I know the feeling. We have something similar for ROmania too , on regional results.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I know the feeling. We have something similar for ROmania too , on regional results.
Yeah, its a nighmare. Everytime I get something like this I fill out googles dissatisfied form and give them some feedback.

I have trying to work out why it is happening and ebay seem to be using an awful lot of URL's. Because of the way ebay pages change so often they dont run into a duplicate content issue and one one search term you can be competing with static ebay pages, ebay shops, ebay products, etc. As an SEO how are you supposed to get anywhere when ebay controls the entire first page of the SERPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.