Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Which social networking site is best for business?

Discussion in 'Other Social Networks' started by cronus consultants, May 23, 2015.

1. cronus consultants

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    which social networking site is best for business?

2. RH-Calvin

Red Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    You can use Facebook, Twitter, Google plus and LinkedIn and create company pages to promote your business. Social media promotion involves regular involvement of promotion and marketing to build your network and popularity.

3. kaufenpreis

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    If your company is just starting out on the Web and need to pick a few social media networks to rule over, here is our guide to choosing the best platform(s) for your business, and how to make the most out of them.
    [h=3]1. Twitter[/h] Who should use it: Everyone – from individuals to the largest multinational corporations
    What to share: Start, join, and lead conversations; interact directly with brands and customers
    Post frequency: Multiple times per day
    Twitter is the dominant democracy of the social-sharing economy. Relevancy, personality and brevity are the keys to making your voice heard.

4. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Well! it really depends on your business, I'd say. If you looking for general promotion, Facebook and Twitter top the charts for me. Youtube is pretty good for marketing as well if you can manage video promotion. If you are looking for employees, mentors etc. try LinkedIn. It's best for connecting with people good in their respective fields. And if you run ayour business with a small and specific set of audience, don't forget to target niche Social Networking websites and forums; often they bring in the most leads. :)

5. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I think if you are particularly looking for social networking sites for mass advertisement then the best one is Facebook. It will help you to reach the huge customer base of Facebook. Facebook is closely followed by Twitter in Advertising field.

YouTube is also an option if you got a nice video about your product. But the easiest and most effective method is forums. Here you can find targeted customers without much effort.

6. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    The best one is Facebook, has it is generally used by majority of the people in the world and it is an ever growing social network, which will only improve as the years pass by. Using forums like @networld@networld is saying is true, but you have to look for forums which relate to the kind of business you want and also people who are interested to start using the forum, which is never easy to start up all by ones self.

7. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Personally I don't think their is a best one as such, as I think a lot depends on the business your trying to promote.

In some respects every social media sites will have positive and negatives and its just a matter of trial and error as to which one works best for you.

8. deewanna

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I think Facebook is still the best for business. Facebook has the largest audience of all the social media. I also like the flexibility of their ads. So Facebook remains the best for now.

9. MamoniMaity

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I would recommend Facebook as the best site for business promotions. Making a facebook page and collecting likes does not make any sense to me. You should rather invest in the side pop up ads. They are more effective and will help in making your business grow further. You can also try Google adsense. It is one of the best advertisement platform nowadays.

10. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +127 / -0
    Simply Facebook.
    Why ? we know that everyone has craze to be online on Facebook for chat, entertain, market their business and share their interests to his/her community.

11. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Once facebook was the best platform for business, however, over the years facebook has been toppled by many other platforms,. Firsts ot started with twitter, then linkedin. In the recent time, pinterest is becoming a good platform for business. LinkedIn is second to pinterest. Linked has more active users than on any other social media

12. butterfly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    What about sites like tumblr, pinterest, reddit and the like? Are these sites worth spending time on? Any others? Maybe they can be a good platform for getting traffic back to your site at least? What do you think?

13. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Although Facebook is popular for promoting your business online, but I think I would go for LinkedIn. You know why? LinkedIn was specifically designed as a social network for business professionals. It is a professional social network that businesses are now in to. Although Facebook is still very popular and reliable for businesses, but LinkedIn is more suitable and targeted for promoting your business online. There are several high quality clients you can find there on LinkedIn, no matter what profession are they in now. Twitter is also considered to be an option, but it is more on microblogging.

14. khalidroy001

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    twitter is best for business. It can promote your website and get a best result and also tumbler, linkedin,pinterest, tumbler is great social marketing site.

15. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    I don't brave being line on Facebook to chat with people, I put it off, Facebook is like a news centre to me, I got there to read bizzare stories, keep up with the pages I have liked and play games, Facebook has become a lot business oriented.

16. comprar

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Many of us actively use sites like Twitter and Facebook to promote our businesses. And those of us looking to connect with more business-related contacts may turn to sites like LinkedIn to develop relationships with people we have worked with or may want to work with.

17. Alex Parker

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    facebook, google plus, twitter, tumblr is best one

18. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    That is so embarrassing, I can't wait to stop using my Android, the auto-correct options doesn't do much for me, not to talk about the phone's keyboard being clustered and the phone it's a drag.

"I don't go online on Facebook to chat with people, I put it off. Facebook is like a news center to me, I go there to read bizarre stories, keep up with the pages I have liked and play games, Facebook has become a lot business oriented." - Corrected version, since I can't edit the post.

19. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    Like everyone I will prefer Facebook.
    And why not since this is the real source of real audience and real customer. I believe this will going to beat the Google someday as a Search Engine too. Facebook is really a great place indeed to bring your business on the set path with less efforts than anywhere else.

20. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Actually, Facebook has to create it's own search engine for that, as Facebook will defeat it's purpose as a social media site, if it expands a lot more than it already has, but I still the potential and why you mentioned this.

#20 challengewriter, Dec 27, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015