Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Which Software Is Good For Website Coding/designing

Discussion in 'Web Design and Graphics' started by Doominic anderson, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Which software provides a user interactive platform for creation of a website,which provides a better database connectivity and provides a good amount of features which helps to create a attractive website?

I only know about Dreamweaver,it is good but i want to know some other software name which provides more functions than dream-weaver.

2. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    To build a website, it is really important to choose an editor in which we are comfortable. I have started my website building using notepad, basically for the freshers.
    With the experience of notepad, I moved to Adobe Dreamweaver, which is one of the well known editor in the web development firm.

I have also experienced Weebly, and found more interesting website builder which helps you in to create simple sites by using drag and drop experience.

As similar to dreamweaver you have used, you can also prefer to Kompozer as it is also easy to use, without knowing detailed knowledge of HTML.

Wix is the next tool, which I have found more interesting, and even with more easy features with more themes, more user friendly.

In my entire experience of Web Building, I have used more than 20+ editors and preferred WYSIWYG editors in compared to Desktop application editors.

I have also worked on Cloud based editors remembering my work with CodeRun Studio which helps you build your website using browser for free.

Orion and Codio are other names for Cloud based editors, difference being Orion can be installed in your own server,and Codio helps you to transfer your coding and heavy scripted pages to any test environments.

Core professional web master prefer to PHPstorm, and I m too experiencing working on it and support all latest web tech. Netbeans is the other open source editor, which is being preffered due to its existing large community of users and developers.

3. Pooja Sharma

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    I do not prefer to use Cloud based editors or Desktop application editors. As cloud based editors require too much technical details and troubleshooting if one is not much aware of latest technologies and Desktop based applications are too outdated to be used , though it is too easy to use and can be used as newbie in the programming and with core technical knowledge in coding and scripting.
    As of now, WYSIWYG- What You See Is What You Get, html editors are more preferred as they make things live at the same point , so that you can make or edit the changes anytime.

Most of WYSIWYG used are-Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Expression Web, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Web Developer, Webplus, Google Web Designer, Freeway, Quanta Plus, Visual editor, Kompozer, Amaya, Webflow and many more.

4. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    @Pooja Sharma@Pooja Sharma I agree that Cloud based editors may be too techie and require skills sometimes., but for the heavy websites and scripts, and for international web mastering requirements Cloud editors are preffered. And as of now, more than 10 % websites are been preffered to be build by cloud editors in regards to newbie and new learners as they found it more interesting in learning and improving skills.
    Moreover, cloud editors take less time in transferring files, are very effective for any OS and even can be preferred to user interface.

5. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Dreamweaver is of course best handling software to create various pages of your website with less coding knowledge. You need to go with C# for the main programming and Oracle is all that you need to handle databases.

6. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    As working with Dreamweaver, is really very interesting and have very basic steps. You can create the folder that contain your website files and you can create your webpages .
    The most important fact that one have to keep in mind is : you should name folders, your website pages and even images with only lowercase text with no spaces in the naming. Please avoid using of any special symbols as !,@,#,$ etc. Even mathematical operations are also prohibited /,<,>,+,=

@Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra : Would you prefer Cloud editors for web building or if you have experienced any cloud editors ?

7. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Unfortunately not any. I love only WordPress platform and also developed HTML based websites but not with the majors for large sites.
    I have used Dreamweaver for many years for many of my projects i had to undergone during my job as a programmer in Impetus, Indore. You know you are not stick to perform a single task working but yes i loved the java programming much.

8. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Good to hear , that you have experienced in Java programming. Java programming makes your skills to go to the next level. One of my friend suggested For static web pages HTML alone is enough and if you want to make it more user friendly and interactive use JavaScript. Now If you want to make some more functionalities like database interaction then you will need either JAVA( JSP, Servlets) and the functioning of jquery is what I liked.

jQuery provides easy to use components for web developers, built on the jQuery core and HTML5. There are two ways to declare ui components:

1. To declare directly within HTML :
    <div class="easyui-dialog" style="width:400px;height:200px"
    data-options="
    title:'My Dialog',
    iconCls:'icon-ok',
    onOpen:function(){}">
    dialog content.
    </div>

2. To create using Javascript :
    <input id="cc" style="width:200px" />

$('#cc').combobox({
    url: ...,
    required: true,
    valueField: 'id',
    textField: 'text'
    });

9. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    @Prasoon Arora@Prasoon Arora It looks like you really have good command over the languages and developing websites. Which is the major language you prefer to program with? Not talking about PHP Pages, HTML pages but the large sites with big database sources.

10. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    No doubt, Java/ Javascript is the most preferred language to be used in coding, and as of now I am too learning and experiencing Python as my brother keep asking me questions about Python just because of its modularity and naming conventions. So far what I have learned about python is :
    • It's possible to introduce concepts one at a time
    • Plenty of good tools with cross-platforms as in .net.
    • Language is interpreted, one can easily change the coding to app.

11. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    If you don't want to use a pirated version of Dreamweaver and want a completely free editor you could try bluefish. Bluefish is a open source program and has the majority of the functions on might need to build up a site.

12. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    There are so many software for website coding. But Dreamweaver is one of the best software for website coding designing.
    Some of these software are help to you for coding, But some of these are free and some of these are paid software:-

Amaya
    Adobe Contribute
    Adobe Golive
    Microsoft Expression Web
    Kompozer
    Evrsoft First Page 2006
    NetObjects Fusion