Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Just Gossip Why Cricket Is Most Popular Game ?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by steve taylor, Feb 13, 2016.

1. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Why cricket is most popular game ? Now these day cricket liked by every people .Cricket is not played world wide its played only in some selected country like :-
    INDIA
    AUSTRALIA
    BANGLADESH
    PAKISTAN
    ENGLAND
    SRI LANKA
    NEW ZEALAND
    SOUTH AFRICA
    In this country cricket is very popular .What should include cricket in the Olympics ?

2. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Do you think the nations you mentioned are those that are participating in the Olympics? What about other countries that do not play or even expose to the game, cricket? Therefore they may not have the chance to join the game.

3. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    Actually British started this game in all these countries known as Common Wealth Countries during their rule. They wanted to enjoy and spread this game as a pastime and used locals as fielders and enjoyed batting and bowling themselves but once the locals became experts they began to beat them at their own game.

4. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    I am also like Cricket because i played well and i like to watch , i know all rules of cricket.
    today cricket is a good area in the field of success which is really like and well played this game.many countries participated in cricket in different different formats like 20-20, One day match, Test match, IPL ( its my favorite ) .
    I hope in future cricket is a part of Olympics.

5. Webdog

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Yes it is true. Cricket is mostly played in Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka. Maybe it might be related to their traditions. Other parts of the world came to adopt the game much later. We've had professional players from India. But there has been competition from other countries like Kenya though they don't have many professional players. The most popular sport worldwide is football and it has been dominating the fields ever since.

6. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    You want cricket to be an Olympic sport when it's played by only a handful of countries? Lol

7. Lalit Malviya

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    It is true that cricket is a most popular game although only few nations are playing cricket. It is the most popular game as it is easy to understand and play more over the professional career of cricket is full of prosperity as now a days almost all the cricket playing nations have their own leagues to promote the youngsters.

8. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Cricket is not the most popular sport. Football is the world game, have you see how many people watch football when the World Cup is on? Pretty much the entire world stops to watch the tournament. The Euros and Champions League are very popular as well.

#8 dcristo, Feb 16, 2016 at 6:11 AM
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    There is gradual rise of this sport in recent times. The EU countries are also participating, a decade ago they never even had their country team. Cricket is realizing to most of the countries. But it is going to take a lot of time at least 2/3 of country of the whole world need to play this game to make it reachable to Olympics.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    If you want to include every country in the Cricket means it will never happen, Football is the best sport in the world as it is played by people with more majority than Cricket. I too like to play cricket and watching too, but at this age and time can't be able to do both things.