Help Me/Question Why Out Of Box Thinking Is Important?

networld

We are slave to the comfort we have and seldom come out of our comfort zone. We wish to do things the way they have always been done. But out of box thinking is very essential for the progress of humans. But to think out of box you need to leave your comfort zone. This also demands for your innovative thinking and creativity.

This is the same reason why private sector companies perform better than public sector companies. Private companies are forced to do out of box thinking for their survival. Stiff competition in the market also forces them to do so. But public sector never employs innovative ways as they are no more competitive.

What do you think about out of box thinking and how important it is?

dcristo

Content Writer
It is hard to be innovative if you are not thinking outside of the box.

Doing what everyone else is doing is hardly going to make you stand out from the crowd.

masterbusiness

Content Writer
Thinking outside of the box it very important when it comes to business. Creating products and coming up with marketing campaigns takes out of the box thinking. Being innovative and creative stimulates the out of the box thinking process.

Nocturnal Writer

Well, I could relate this method of thinking. Our supervisor is showing us a box full of pieces of paper which ideas on them. Then he asked what is inside of it? We keep on guessing. Until one of our comrades came in front and took one of the content of the box. Now we were clarified that we should not depend on what is inside our mind, but we should extend our experiences to those around us. We will involve others and not only depending in our least capacity to do for something. We need external help for that matter.

Alexandoy

This term out of the box is always used in the movie production. Most producers would tell their writers to think out of the box, innovate and write something new. For me, it's not easy to be radical with ideas because you may think your story is good but in fact it is not. There are so many Indie movies, those small production with purportedly very good stories. But after watching, you realize the story is not good at all.

With business, I'd rather stick to the so called best practices because the system has already been tested by time. And although innovating in business, particularly in sales, is a good option, but the risks are there. So again, I am more comfortable with best practices.

Nocturnal Writer

This term out of the box is always used in the movie production. Most producers would tell their writers to think out of the box, innovate and write something new. For me, it's not easy to be radical with ideas because you may think your story is good but in fact it is not. There are so many Indie movies, those small production with purportedly very good stories. But after watching, you realize the story is not good at all.

With business, I'd rather stick to the so called best practices because the system has already been tested by time. And although innovating in business, particularly in sales, is a good option, but the risks are there. So again, I am more comfortable with best practices.
That is the point - best practices. There are already successful business ventures which are ahead of us and they had already reaped and stood in the pedestal of success. Therefore their best practices should be well considered and even adapted to suit our developing business for that matter.

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
Thinking out of the box is brand strategy.

In my experience, creative ideas are easy to come by and linear ideas are too-common. Ideas that deliver the strategy in a highly creativity,are few and far between—and add more value because of their rarity.

There is no doubt that creativity and strategy are no longer optional in today's rapidly changing business.
Understanding the style of thinking requirements about the products, markets, challenges and competitors, thinking out of the box is one in all solution.

The more you think out of the box, more you are near to your goal, meeting the requirements, as thinking out of the box allow individuals and representatives to apply brain power available to them to the best.

rayone

I guess when we do something different that attracts attention and that helps your cause. After all who looks at a peacock that dance in a jungle all alone. The need is to do something different and get immediate attention.

Ramakrishnan

What you have compared about the private and public sector companies are correct. Out of box thinking is one of the main reasons for the difference in their performance. Though every human is unique, and have creative ideas, certain situations make them move along with the crowd.

Vinaya

Being a prototype is really hard, it is difficult to succeed when you dare to attempt something new. However, if you work on the idea that has already been explored it is likely that you will succeed because at least you know how to do it. But then creating the prototype is the greatest ability.

patrickkenyi

In my opinion, the ability to think outside the box is the difference between successful people and commoners. Successful people think creatively and are not afraid to take risks or do things out of the regular, constantly challenging themselves to get out of their comfort zones. Many people suppress or dismiss any thoughts of doing something risky or irregular and that keeps them from progressing.

networld

Even though you are comfortable with the so called best practices, these best practices could be the result of somebody's out of box thinking I guess. I think modern companies encourage creative thinking and they are ready to take care of the risks if any. A good revolutionary idea could revolutionize the whole business and could give a definite edge over the competitor.

I have seen in some companies they have a system of felicitating the employee with the most creative idea of the month, quarter or year.

This is true, most of the ways that many marketers are able to make money are very unorthodox. Most of the people who are successful are acquiring information and experimenting ways that allows them to apply the knowledge that they are receiving interchangeably. At the end of the day there is no wrong way to make money so long as it is within the confines of the law. This means that any way that you can innovate that will create the type of traffic that you need is quite alright. Sometimes the methods you are using can become a product within itself and you can sell that knowledge as your own personal service.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
Thinking outside of the box is very hard to be honest, way hard than just copy what others are doing to succeed. I am kinda related to this one now, because my online business is definitely in need for me to think outside of the box to make it work. It simply took me a lot of time to do some brainstorming, testing, failing and trying another strategy again. As of now, my own strategies are yet to work, but it doesn't stop me from thinking out of the box that could turn things around for me. Those people who are successful right now are always thinking outside of the box in all life aspects.

Alexandoy

Even though you are comfortable with the so called best practices, these best practices could be the result of somebody's out of box thinking I guess. I think modern companies encourage creative thinking and they are ready to take care of the risks if any. A good revolutionary idea could revolutionize the whole business and could give a definite edge over the competitor.

I have seen in some companies they have a system of felicitating the employee with the most creative idea of the month, quarter or year.
You remind me of my job in a bank. I submitted a proposal to connect horseracing bets to a bank account. Think of the derivative accounts we would get - bettors would find it convenient to open an account with us and use that (just like Paypal) for betting and receiving winnings as well. The bank president said it was a radical but good idea. However, the vice president for operations vetoed my proposal due to budgetary constraints. He was afraid of the big investment of purchasing computer servers and implementing operating procedures that would involve training of staff.

I really thought it was an out of the box idea. By the way, another bank pursued that line and they are now reaping the rewards of being the exclusive bank of horseracing.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Following the same track like everyone does will make you no different. Being a smart and innovative guy you need to think outta box and this is something that can really get you on the top of your business.

rayone

I would prefer it this way- I will keep following the successful ones for sometime in the beginning but once I learn few tricks of the trade I would want to add few of my own and see what comes out. I will keep following the successful ones and mean time keep adding my own. Maybe I succeed finding myself on the list of successful ones.