Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Why People Are Confused To Be A Freelancer?

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Doominic anderson, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    I am a freelancer and i am happy to work in this environment where challenges make me more confident day by day,there is no boundation of working hours,i can work in night,in afternoon,in early morning whenever i want to work,but while reading some threads and reply one question came in mind.
    Why some people are confused to be a freelancer?
    Are you confused,share your answer with reasons?

2. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I have seen several threads about Freelancer and I had read most of them. However, I have this doubt in my mind that maybe I don't get the drift of it. Is that Freelancer the Freelancer Forum that pays for content providers? Pardon me if I got it wrong. I know that freelancer means I am not an exclusive writer of any site so I can write for any site that I wish. But the Freelancer Forum is a site that provides contents to its member forums.

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Being a freelancer and not getting successful projects. Or kicking off from those you have joined or fired from the long term you wanted to be engaged with. Additionally, if the cash flow is not regular, it gives a poor feeling for any freelancer whereas a part time freelancer after the job find it very interesting since he is trying to utilize his/her spare time.

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    As a freelancer, nothing is easy on my part. The best thing that I have experienced as a freelancer is that I can work anytime I want without time restrictions, as long I have meet the conditions of the client or the customer himself or herself. But sometimes I am confused on my work as a freelancer, and I am getting dizzy for handling more than one big client before. But I just simply reorganize myself in terms of balancing the work between these two clients until I've finally found the rhythm, but these two clients didn't last long though. It was worth the experience for me back then.

5. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    It is extremely difficult to start as a freelancer for a variety of reasons. One, there's hell lot of experienced freelancers looking to latch on to opportunities, which in turn diminishes the chances of a newcomer. Two, many people offer to work for a rate so low, that sometimes it appears to good to be true, but yes, they do. Three, a newcomer doesn't really have the idea of approaching the client in a right way. Four, the starter, more often than not, does not have a wide array to display in his portfolio. Despite the above mentioned points, the fruits of being a freelancer are pretty sweet. Once you are settled online, you get regular clients, you can make your own schedule and work accordingly. Work from anywhere or at anytime. There's initial struggle everywhere, in every field if you are looking to make money; nothing worthwhile comes cheap, but surviving that struggle will take you a long way. :)

6. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I think that the confusion can due to the fact that Freelance work is a very vast area. What can be a problem in one area might not be in another, but there is still common ground, that being flexible hours.
    When looking at the different sections try to see what the freelance work is about, and if it's just general submissions or there are deadlines. That can make a big difference. If it's about writing articles, creating logos and image editing or coding.
    This might bring more light to this area of work.

7. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Most of peoples are confused because They are afraid regarding all kind of activity done online only .They have so many things to think about, such as online payment, recruiter behaviour , Allotment of Job, bidding and much more . There are must be some channels, authority that they must be confidential and People can trust them.

8. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Freelancers, in some cases, become confuse because of their worries particularly when it comes to the tasks given, the security of the payment method and the behavior of the clients. There's just so many things to think of.

9. justiinn

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    i dont think there is wrong being freelancer.Freelancer provides you to work wherever you are and with no pressure. But yes sometimes it gets difficult as not getting projects which will help you to show your skills or it gets difficult for not getting money on time.
    So if you are free,not in job.You can try because if you get projects then its good.

10. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Freelancer is the very popular site that provide online job with minimum project fee. Now i am not confused with freelancer.
    But in my first project i am little confused, due to payment process. The main point of confusion is what happen if i do work for anyone and after that. he not send my payment, then what i can do.

11. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    This is true with the advent of identity theft people are more reluctant to put their personal information online.

12. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I am also confused when I heard about freelancing job and it is also exciting for me. First thing how to get project? and how to identify a good client? These all things are get clear when I create my freelancer account and I start the bidding project. So there are not need to confuse about freelancing job.

13. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    Freelancing job is the best for the ladies, from they can easy handle the house work and the freelancing job because their is not time limit. you are free to work. So i not confuse about this and after a long time i am doing this job.

14. saurabh mathur

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Mainly the people get confused because of the security payments that are sometimes not delivered to the users.Another will be the flexibility of work timing that may not suit to you as the company wants.The working environment where there are many struggles that a freelancers have to go with.

web hosting

15. andrewmilan

andrewmilan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I completely agree with you. I am a freelancer too and i found it better than office job.