Why people like to create directories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enKonversations

White Belt
I know what are the importance of directory in SEO but I didn't get one thing in my three years career in internet marketing. Why people like to create directories? I know many persons who own more than 200 directories; I don't know why they invest their lots of valuable money for making directories.

Is it directory is good source of income? If yes, than which type directory is good for earning and for link building? Niche or General link directory

samy

Banned
People create directory for getting good back links and good traffic.
These back links and traffic helps to improve the website PR.

Ultima

Yellow Belt
Yeah, everything above is right. But I think people create directories to make money online, isn't it? )

smashits

White Belt
Mostly Seo/Web Design Companies create directories.

They work on getting good rank on directories,once they get it,they sell as PR2+ OR PR3+ link guaranteed.

I have seen two or three sites doing this.

I know what are the importance of directory in SEO but I didn't get one thing in my three years career in internet marketing. Why people like to create directories? I know many persons who own more than 200 directories; I don't know why they invest their lots of valuable money for making directories.

Is it directory is good source of income? If yes, than which type directory is good for earning and for link building? Niche or General link directory
Personally i think that the first target is to generate money. People used to building directories for earning money. People come to their sites and pay for featured listings for priority listings in the featured boxes over the site on first page of the directory to grad the intentions of the directory visitors. Secondly i think the directory building is the part of link building for their project's listings. This lets them to generate a couple of directory links to their sites for which they are practicing link building. This practice provide them duel advantages. First they get back links and second one is traffic.

kaufenpreis

Yellow Belt
If you have a directory that has high traffic ratio then the ads can be profitable for you. Other issue that paid directories are also a source of income. You have to create quality on your directory at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.