Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Why people prefer offline regular jobs than online assignments?

Discussion in 'General Business Topics' started by networld, Dec 10, 2015.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    According to my personal view, People are afraid nowadays due to nonpayment by companies and other professional persons in exchange of work done so they like to do work offline such as in office or workplace because they can get their salaries from the company in cash or via direct deposit. Office work or offline jobs also attract people because companies and business establishment provide them many other benefits such as accommodation allowance, medical allowance and many more.

2. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes working offline increases the security but it pays you little and gets more out of you but in case of online jobs. They really pays you for your work .

3. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Who said people won't prefer working online, most successful Indians are making huge amount of money online than offline jobs. If you are a failure, then you would be thinking to do offline jobs, Now I am free from offline jobs as there would be no fear for getting money for my expenses.
    Offline jobs too have an online works and they too get works from outsourcing, but we are individual and unable to handle huge works. I suggest for starting an offline business too for some extra cash or making more profits.

4. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I personally works and earn online but I was just mentioning the views of the people who don't like online work. They consider it as insecure. Once I started I personally face people comments that you are wasting your time and many others. But now I am earning enough to run my expenses.

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    When I was new to the Internet and it took nearly 11 months to get a dollar in my paypal, but from there onwards I made good amount and owned more than 100 domains in the past few years. Due to some family problems I left the internet and joined back to make money again.
    People usually make Hoax comments because they don't have patience what will be going on or have to go.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes most people lack the patience and want to get rich in days on internet but it's not like that. It's slow and gradual processes.

7. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Consistent offline work is fine @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra, but it can't get you the dreams that you want in life. Maybe you can get it, after you're more than 60 years and above. This is why everything has changed. The traditional ways are still there, but we should opt for something new that can get our dreams faster than traditional ones.

Yes I agree with you @zehra nadeem@zehra nadeem. I was having that kind of fear too when I was still working as an online manager of not to be paid. But when I am finally exposed to be part of the motivational and inspirational group, my perspective changed. We all have fears, and it's actually normal. But it is up to us on how we are going to respond to what we fear. Success is all about taking risks, and we all should manage that. Fear is one thing that stops us from being successful. But if you want to become successful, throw that fear into the waste can.

I also have that mindset too @fsdqasmia@fsdqasmia because I was scammed many times online. But I realized that not all opportunities are scams, because there are legitimate ones as well. So I opt for legitimate ones, because they're not gonna waste my time and money with them.

8. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I would say that in today's World online business is progressing more Yes it was not appreciated few years back but now everybody is referring to online websites to earn money.

9. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Doing offline jobs is a trusted way to make money. Online jobs can help you earn a big cash, but lasting for a long time is not expected.

10. Missy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    To be honest, I think even after all these years people are paranoid or at least wary of the internet. Thank internet scams and hoaxes for keeping that going! You never know who's going to rip you off unless you've got an agency or something between you and the client.

Personally, I never do one on one stuff anymore. Not unless I already have a great relationship with the client. I use sites like fiverr so that I'll have someone to complain to if I get ripped off.

11. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    We should use freelancing websites in order to make our payments secure. Almost all freelancing websites provide escrow system. So you can work without any problem in payments.

12. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I personally think that working offline is better suited for people that are not business minded people and/or people that like to travel to work; while on the other hand, working online is best suited for people that are business minded or/and people that have children and want to take advantage of working from home.

13. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    You are mostly correct @mastermind. Ever since I was a college student, I am a business minded person. I never forget what I said to my father that I don't want to be an employee, and he was shocked. His true dream for me is to have a stable and secured job, working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week to earn minimum wage until the age of 60, just like him. But that was a long time ago already, and now both me and my father have our own businesses while keeping our jobs as well. There's nothing wrong with being loyal to our day jobs, but it's just that we can't get the dreams that we wanted early than later. Business is still the best way for us to become successful in the end.

14. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I have never been one to want to work for somebody else my whole life. It is nothing wrong with people who want to do that. But for me, I want financial freedom and want to be able to travel the world. There is nothing like having your own business.

15. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Same here man. It's my life long dream to have time and financial freedom. I have big dreams in my life man. I wanna own a brand new condo or house, car, travel around the world, contribute to my family, own real estate properties, building multiple passive income streams on the internet, having my own charity foundation here in my area and so on. Although there's nothing wrong for us to work with somebody else, but we already know where our destination is. We can't just work for them, for the rest of our lives (although we still respect them), it's just that the world is changing and evolving now.

16. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    They can be last long life, if they become huge sites, most people leave the business in middle, because of no success for them. As you know if your blog has some value today you can increase further more tomorrow, but it wont bring down.

17. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Online jobs(Freelancing) are awesome, no time bond, No Boss and work freely as per your personal desires. I really love to work online instead of offline boring work under boss.

18. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    The chances of being rejected during doing an offline job are equal to zero. Whilst, your online assignments get rejected often.

19. Missy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I agree, I know that's frustrating and we've all had online job rejections happen but, at least for me, it doesn't happen that often and there's usually something I can take away from it that will help me with my next bid or offer.

Sometimes, though, I've seen clients and job sites request ridiculous things and a lot of hoops to jump through for a very small amount of money and usually no actual credit. Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of freelancing is dealing with clients who think that work gets done on it's own and they shouldn't have to pay a real fee for anything you do for them. Lucky for me, though, I can just reject those clients and move on to greener pastures.

20. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes rejection is the major problem in online industry. Could you let me know that which tasks do you do online. What are your skills.