Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Why people prefer offline regular jobs than online assignments?

Discussion in 'General Business Topics' started by networld, Dec 10, 2015.

1. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I think I might add these:

1. Benefits. Offline jobs offer benefits such as health, insurance and retirement plans as well.
    2. Security. Offline jobs have that regular paycheque and companies offline are well-established already.
    3. Risk. People don't like too much risks when it comes to jobs. They cannot leave the world of offline jobs because it offers them comfort. Whereas, online, you have to work double to earn enough money especially if you're a newbie and even then, you're not sure if your work will be accepted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes, for newbie it's tough to get started but after struggle and hard work you can get the things on the right path. But It's not less paying business. You can earn much more through online business.

3. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Online learning is much more valuable to people who know about it. Others just think that online learning is the scam. Just because of a few fraudulent sites, all the online career is ruined up. Many people have awesome skills but they don't prefer working online. Therefore online field has few successful freelancers. This should be neglected from minds of people. Online money making is much more bendable than offline jobs.

One can easily earn handsome amount of money by working online. On the other hand working in an industry or any other offline job requires much effort. A person ahs to go to office daily and work the whole day. He has to report the daily report to the boss. Sometimes listen to the advice and suggestion of boss. This makes some people feel irritation to offline jobs. At the place, online jobs are preferred still in many countries.

4. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Online jobs can be very unpredictable and this is bad for an individual who has to pay there bills monthly. The only reason I would vouch offline jobs over the online jobs is the fact that online jobs are so unpredictable but nothing else. Otherwise as for the scam issue, there are scams even in the offline field. I love the online jobs because there is freedom and one can be there own boss.

5. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Absolutely, there are various advantages for a regular job. Statutory benefits and insurance coverage are only a few among them. I think you pointed it out well. I believe the major issue with online assignment is the high level of instability and insecurity associated with it. We never know what will happen to a site tomorrow and there is no guarantee that our efforts will be rewarded in case of a shut down.

In regular jobs usually you will get paid for the amount of time you put in even if it closes down. In normal circumstances there will be enough notice to look for a new assignment too.

6. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Honestly, I only work online and I am enjoying the perks of working at home. But security is not assured. That's why I do join a lot of sites so I have something to substitute if one has stopped paying. Also, I am planning to save some money so someday, I can set up my own simple business. At least, I can earn both online and offline.

7. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Due to security reasons We should have accounts on different available freelancing websites. It will also help us in boosting our sales.

8. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Yeah, it's a shame online jobs, especially freelance jobs, aren't compensated well enough in terms of health and insurance benefits. And like you said, offline work will pay you even just by going to work. Like for instance, many government employees here don't do much work in the office. Some even just play in their computer all day long but they still get paid. But online work doesn't have that flexibility or advantage.

9. zehra nadeem

White Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    It's clear that online jobs are well risky and there's to stability in payments. Rates keep on changing but there's no guarantee of keeping the work steady as well.

10. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I am a person who believes in freedom. That is why I want to avoid a regular job in companies. Online job offers freedom and flexibility and you can manage your time and place of work as per your convenience. As far as job security is concerned both online and offline job are of similar nature. If you are sincere and hardworking, you can earn a good income in online jobs also.

11. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    The question is interesting. People prefer to opt for offline jobs more than choosing an online assignment and it has many reasons.
    A noteworthy and remarkable reason is that you are not required to bear with a boss that forces you complete the work perfectly with no or fewer errors.

12. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    We should have some back up available in case of getting banned from one website, We should work on numerous websites to decrease the harsh effects of getting banned.

13. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    Probably online work needs more efforts than offline or it needs more knowledge than offline. There could be many reasons but the most common of them all is that people are not sure whether they will get what they toiled for so hard in the end. I don't blame them either after all the internet has its own drwaback as well.

14. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    It need more knowledge and little effort. It's totally the game of smart work. For Indians And Pakistanis I guess online jobs are much high paying as compared to the offline ones.

15. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Hi, I would differ a bit on this. For third world countries like Pakistan and India, the pay rate is really dismal when compared to other developed nations. Offline jobs are much better (at least I know in India). We have some lucrative IT and other MNC jobs that pay really well. On the other hand most of the best earning sites are not open for us.

But, yes it is a good second line income. You can earn more in a regular job just by putting half of the actual effort that is required online. So, we can not consider online earning as a main source of income.

16. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I do agree with you bro but I guess If am American Designs a logo he is not going to charge less than 30$, But on the other hand the fast growing freelancing community of Third World Countries can design something more professional For even just 10$,

17. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    But that means we are are being paid less and they give us work because of availability of cheap labor. I heard that Google Adsense pays less if the ad views are from countries like India and Pakistan as they feel our purchasing power is very low. But I can understand that, after all it's business. Google has to ensure a good revenue before making payments.

I agree with your point that we got a large online workforce here and are capable of doing any online jobs with quality. But there are other constraints as mentioned.

18. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have never failed in my attempts of earning online but I admit I had to toil hard for achieving my goals in the beginning when I thought earning in cents was enough but as I moved along I learned the right ropes and found it was not as tough as I used to think.

19. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Some people like offline jobs and some people like online jobs but some people like both online as well as offline.
    Every people want to make his carrier so what offline or online.
    If you have best skills then you works both the platforms.
    Now in days online jobs get popularity due to it is provide flexibility.

20. justiinn

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    people prefer working offline instead of online as everybody wants surety as in online there is no guaranteed that how much you will get monthly.
    and also there is no guaranteed about the work as some months you may get work, and some months you dont get.
    Also fraud cases happen more while working online.