Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Why To Become A Freelancer?

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by sunshine, Jan 7, 2016.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Good day there!
    I am doing some research for an article why people choose to go freelance, and I'd really appreciate your help. I'm a freelancer myself, and I'm interested in knowing why people take the plunge - whether it's a thing they feel forced into, whether they never saw any other option, what they feared when they began, etc. Kindly share your ideas and experience in this regard and your views will be highly appreciated.

2. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Choosing freelancing as a career is not just because you are jobless and disappointed by other areas of work, but you choose it for being passionate with the skills you own.

3. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Sure, Freelance work has good scope for all hard workers, skilled persons, part time job seekers and even full time business entrepreneurs.

4. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I guess in today's world no body will wish to work under boss and with strict atmosphere, rather than it everybody would prefer doing work from home.

5. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    An individual should prefer being a freelancer because of many reasons such as steady income, getting opportunities, learning skills, and connecting to the world.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Being a freelancer is fun in itself. You are free from and restrictions. If you want to work do it. You can enjoy as well. It's totally different from job.

P
    It's right freelancing platform provides 100 of job opportunities to you even if you are a newbie. If you work hard you will definitely succeed.

7. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I was a freelancer long back, but once I started few sites, slowly left my freelancing work. Freelancing is the work we have to do for someone, but we gain knowledge and know the system how it works.
    I did in the past doing whatever I got but once starting forums gained much experience and made some good cash.
    Freelancing is a similar type just writing blog posts for someone for $10, but do you know if you made the same blog and posting those posts how much could have made per day?

8. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Becoming a freelancer means freedom of work. for a particular day you can apply for leave from office requesting seniors or so. As a freelancer, if you are out for the day you can finish the same job in night. Even, for a week assignment, you can finish in few days by working days and nights and can go out for weekends.
    It is such a freedom to work.

9. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    The reason why I want to be a freelancer is because of freedom and unlimited income. My parents did advice me to look for stable office 8 to 5 work, but I didn't listen to them. Although I still respect the traditional ways to sustain our finances, but it's just that it has its own limitations. For freelancing, there are limitations as well, as it is not consistent, but can give you freedom to work anywhere you want to. You can work at home, mall, Starbucks, beach or so. I even try working when I was having a one-week vacation alone at Manila in a wifi budget hotel.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    That is best way to make money even while we travel in a bus, train to enjoy some time by doing work. Although we enjoy in parties, functions as it gives freedom to attend anyone birthday too.
    The one I like is make money by sleeping, example Youtube views. Most freelancer converted there full time for doing freelancing.

11. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Becoming a freelancer has charm in itself. You are free from boss, You are your own boss. You can go on leave any time you want.

For the same reasons I like freelancing. No need to get properly dressed up and go to the office. You can do freelancing from anywhere and anytime you want, No Restrictions. Awesome!!

12. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Well, choosing freelancing as a career is not a bad thing.
    for me, I am lazy enough but when i work i only work. Plus, I don't like to wake up early or tie up myself with a schedule. I have different client and i do not want to meet the deadline.
    I prefer to take weekly projects and sometimes i finish them within 2-3 days and enjoy the rest of the days or posting here on WMS.
    This really brings out fun and the best part is i am free enough to roam about whenever i want to.

13. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    The answer should be given as below:
    I want to be a freelancer because:
    1. I need some extra money.
    2. I have perfect writing skills.
    3. I want to be engaged with online clients.

14. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I am a freelancer because I love to be my own boss. Also with freelancing, you can diversify on the kind of jobs you can do. From article writing to programming to web designing. I love being a freelancer and nobody forced me to venture into the field. It was out of passion.
    The first fear I had when I began was the large number of people who freelance and their skills as compared to mine. I felt inferior at the time venturing a field with so much skills while I had very little skills myself.

15. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Freelancing is a service you can provide to fulfill the requirements of different kind of users. It is beneficial for both users and freelencers. Being a freelancer I love about it the most is that it gives you a feeling of being self employed person.

16. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I am a person who loves the glory of freedom. Instead of working for others with a military discipline, freelancing gives me more flexibility and peace of mind. I can work at the comfort of my home or anywhere and anytime I like. There is nobody to question me. Above all, I have the satisfaction that my thoughts are conveyed to different corners of the planet.

17. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Going freelance isn't something that should be taken lightly and I think the main reason people take that step is it allows them a certain freedom that working for one company or client doesn't usually allow.

You do of course forfeight a regular pay check but if done right you can often make the same amount of money, depending of course on what skills you have to offer.

18. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I am a freelancer because I can work at home unlike working offline which even costs me. Also, I am a volunteer in teaching deaf people and I get my expenses through freelancing. It will not allow me to volunteer if I have an offline job. The reason is most offline jobs are full time especially in my country which companies rarely accepts part time as they prefer full time workers.

19. suzzi winget

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Its not about that so many people dont have job as they wanted or due to recession.. but people join freelancer as it a great platform to work from anywhere and according to your interest..there are so many MNCs or employees of that companies who are registered at freelancer not because they dont have work but because it is a global market and you can earn more and make your business more famous..
    i think people now interested to work from home and instead of working under pressure like in office..so freelancer is the best to work and to earn more from home...
    BE YOUR OWN BOSS..

20. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Freelancer is good for all who are passionate for work and don't want to work under anyone.
    It's a great opportunity to work for your own happiness and for your own conditions,but there is also time span in which you have to complete your work and handover to the client.
    I am happy to work as a freelancer because i want to be an independent and successful,freelancer is capable for fulfill my dream,that's why i became a freelancer.