Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience Why You Should Work On Upwork As Freelancer?

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Muhammad Rizwan, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Freelancing is one of the most effective ways of making money online. Freelancers earn much more than most another offline job available. Freelancing consists of a lot of services to be offered via a site or any other platform. One of the best methods freelancers are using these days is using platforms like Fiverr, Freelancer, and Upwork, etc. These are ready made marketplaces where people offer task for freelancers to be completed. The site takes some commission from the money we have earned and then pays us the rest. Many people are offering jobs on these freelancing sites regularly. Millions of freelancers are available online who contact the person and perform the task.

Now that you have understood basic of freelancing, let me tell you about an amazing freelancing network. This one we will discuss is Upwork. It is one of the most popular networks working online for freelancers. It has a lot of amazing features and contains many projects daily updated. So let’s see the benefits of Upwork as others:
    [​IMG]
    Order Cost:
    Almost all orders on Upwork have a very high price for the freelancer. From a single order, we can even earn more than thousand dollars. The tasks will depend upon the price of the job. If you are getting a too much high price, don’t forget the job will also be complicated.

Flexibility on Working Time
    At Upwork, there are no limitations on working times. You can work for as long as you want and on as many projects you want. All of this depends on you and your skills. You can work on multiple projects at the same time. However, working on a single project at a time is preferred for newbie freelancer.

Test of Upwork
    This is another amazing feature of Upwork which is also available on other sites too. After creating an account on Upwork, the first thing you will do is setup your profile. At that time it will ask for skills you will work on. If you have selected an advanced skill and the one whose test is available. Upwork will force you to take tests in order to show up results on your profile.

Hourly Paying System
    They will allow you to setup your on rate for hourly based work. The person viewing your profile will also see your rates. If it suits him/her then you will get the project.

Payment Schedule
    Te best thing about Upwork is payment assurance to the clients. Upwork guarantees payment for every hour you have worked on the project. The more time you spend the more you will get paid.

Conclusions:
    After this article, you must have got an idea about what Upwork is offering for freelancers. But before you apply for a job on that network, you should test your skills. If you are fully confident about your skills, then you should work on this network. Otherwise, you should earn some experience on Fiverr. I have already posted an article in this forum about Fiverr. Check it out and follow the instructions. You should do this now, but don’t forget this rule. If you can’t do the job, don’t post a proposal. Always apply for a job you can easily do and will not face any trouble.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    This is an informative thread that you have contributed to us here @Muhammad Rizwan@Muhammad Rizwan, and I highly appreciated on what you have contributed here. I totally respect Upwork, but I think it's not really for me because I failed there in their examination. This is only for those people who are desperate in looking for work online, and Upwork is one of the best out there. One of my friends who is currently working at Upwork from a client told me that she may have been paid big, but stress and pressure is what she get in return, but there's nothing wrong with that though.

3. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes, the tests taken by Upwork are very tough these days. Even basic tests which are for level 1 people are so much difficult. I wonder what would be the level of experts. Also, one thing which I don't like is the price of taking exams. Newbie freelancers can't afford the price, that's why they don't take those tests at all. Even if they have good skills in the relevant field.

4. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    This is very helpful article for Freelancer and I am working at upwok.com .I love upwork for my Freelancing Marketplace.So I suggest any Freelancer who want to done online work.

5. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Upwork is one of the best freelancing sites and there are also many projects are available for every person who has good enough knowledge in their respective field
    Freelancing became very famous in few years because it gives an advantage to earn in you gap time,it also gives you a better platform to connected with the clients across the world.
    If one's has good knowledge then freelancing is good medium to earn.

6. justiinn

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    This is the nice article and very helpful for me as i have only worked on freelancer and i found freelancer is best to show your skills and to share your knowledge in respective fields and to earn money without facing any difficult.
    seems like upwork is really good freelancing site and i should try it as i am confident about my skills.

7. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Your post is very informative I appreciating your post.
    My experience with up-work is good.
    Up-work is good job providing platform online.
    Anybody can easily register with up-work and get job easily if he has good skills.
    Now in this time skills is very important to get any types of jobs.
    I like up-work.

8. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Thank you for such a detailed explanation of what UpWork is all about. I haven't joined that site unfortunately. Although I have tried Fiverr and oDesk in the past, back when I was doing freelance work. My experience with them was okay, but the competition was quite tough. You got a lot of people bidding for work for such a low price. I just cannot compete with that as I know it's not worth it to lower my price to that level.

I will try UpWork and see how it goes out for me. I'm hoping it will be one of the sites I frequent to for online projects. After all, your review really did influenced me and made me see freelancing work in a new light.