Need Help Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
That is because you are posting in the intro forum and not in any of the important forums.
Some people see just posting welcome message as and easy way to increase post count to we made it so that posts in the intro forum does not count.

B

Bob8

That is because you are posting in the intro forum and not in any of the important forums.
Some people see just posting welcome message as and easy way to increase post count to we made it so that posts in the intro forum does not count.
Ok, Thanks for letting me know Temi.

killerz

Yellow Belt
well thats a nice way to prevent people from increasing their post count.

I guess its time for me to implement it on my forum too.

B

Bob8

Don't you think that you're discouraging people from posting in your forum, what have post count got to do, as long as they bring you traffic, in my forum every post count.

My forum is just 8 weeks and we have almost 2ooo members and still growing.

Last edited by a moderator:

killerz

Yellow Belt
Don't you think that you're discouraging people from posing in your forum, what have post count got to do, as long as they bring you traffic, in my forum every post count.
well i somehow feel the same. As long as people are posting i wouldn't mind.

B

Bob8

Thanks killerz, as long as they don't spam my forum, there posts also help in optimizing my forum for the search engines.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Don't you think that you're discouraging people from posting in your forum, what have post count got to do, as long as they bring you traffic, in my forum every post count.

My forum is just 8 weeks and we have almost 2ooo members and still growing.
Good luck with that Bob, please to hear your forum is fast growing. There are different kinds of spamming, some people, do not contribute to any important part of the forum, they just stay at the new member intro forum and keep posting "welcome to webmaster forum" or something daft like that, that is not contributing to a forum, that is low level spamming because each time they do that, they get higher post count, all the leading forum on the net dialed post count in the intro forum for that reason, I did the same thing.

B

Bob8

Temi i'm not against your style, but don't copy those leading forum, they can do that because they're well rank, once your site get there, then you can start coping them. You need to have at least over 10,000 members.

Status
Not open for further replies.