Will Google Spank Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickanderson

i am hoping that someone can help me....i come up #1 in my industry for the area i live in for one of the most popular searches "painters vancouver"..this has translated into approx $175,000 in sales over the last 3 yrs...so i dont want to mess around and piss off google.... my site is:vancouversbestpainter dot com and i also own torontosbestpainters dot com..and whistlersbestpainters dot com ..among others...

the sites represent different geographical areas but the site content is virtually identical....in each...and is pretty much a mirror site of the flagship site in Vancouver.....

what does Google think about sites that are pretty much identical yet represent a different area so that there is no issue about all the sites coming up for the same search?

rick

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
If I were you I would be careful. It dosent matter if each of the additional sites mirror each other just dont duplicate the content of the one that is bank rolling you at the moment.

R

rickanderson

google spank

hey dude...yes, "be careful"...agreed..

would google spank the subsequent sites to the flagship site by not indexing it well?

there is already evidence of this since whistlers best painters dot com doesnt even appear anywhere near the top 10 generics and its a place (whistler) which has no painting contractors optimized at all....so i was expecting a speedy climb to the first page and the first spot.....

maybe i have my answer already...

of bigger concern would be whether google gets nasty and penalizes the original flagship site that has been #1 in the generics for 3 yrs now...

sounds like i should back off on the content duplication..

tx
rick

Status
Not open for further replies.