Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Announcement Win Cash! Content Writing Competition Year End 2015

Discussion in 'Support and Feedback - WMS Community' started by Webmasterserve, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    content-writer-prize2015.

WebmasterServe Forums is now running a Year End 2015 Writers Competition with cash prizes to be won in almost every forum category. This is a quick way to earn some cash by posting an informative article in one of our categories. Read below to learn more about deadlines, who can participate, what are the rules and what are the prizes?

Prizes:

1st Prize
    - This will be the overall Best article posted during this competition.
    • $50 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A Gold medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    2nd Prize - This will be the overall second best article posted during this competition.
    • $30 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A Silver medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    3rd Prize - This will be the overall third best article posted during this competition.
    • $20 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A Bronze medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    Best In Category Prize - This will be the overall best article posted in the Category during this competition. Categories are sections like "Business and Website Management", 'SEO", "Internet Marketing", etc. with several forums under each category.
    • $20 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A special Category based medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    • The same user can win an Overall Prize (1st, 2nd or 3rd and the Best In category prize additionally)
    Who is eligible to participate?

All registered members of WebmasterServe Forums who have a White Belt rank or above are eligible to participate in this competition. Members should not have more than 5 Infractions/Warning points for posting spam or breaking the rules to qualify.

Deadline:
    Last entry to be accepted should be posted by : Dec 31, 2015 23:59 US Central Time. If you edit your post, it should be last edited by this time. Do not edit entries after the deadline.

Rules:

1. Only original content written by you is allowed, copy pasting entire articles from anywhere will disqualify your entry. Your post will be checked against Copyscape to find duplicate content or copy-paste job.
    2. Your post should have minimum 2 images in different positions in the article (images cannot be all at the top or bottom but spread across your content based on the context/text).
    3. Article length has to be minimum of 750 words or higher. Formatting the text and headlines correctly and using images to enhance your article will get you more points.
    4. Article should be on a relevant topic in today's online technologies. What is useful to our visitors today is what gets you more points.
    5. Content Writing staff members of WMS will not be paid twice for these entries, if they win they get the cash prize, if they don't win, they get paid for regular posting price based on your writing price.
    6. Only articles posted in these categories are eligible - All Categories except Webmasters Marketplace and Webmasters Central are allowed.
    7. All entries should be tagged with appropriate keywords related to the article, PLUS tag each entry with the tag "writing contest 2015".
    8. Reply here with a link to your article and acknowledge that you have read the rules Not Necessary
    9. Each member can post multiple articles to get more chances at winning but Higher Quality wins over Higher Quantity.
    10. Chances of winning DON'T depend on how long you've been a member here.
    11. Adding links to relevant sites or resources based on your article text are allowed, this will help our visitors find the resources they need when they read your article.

Tips for Winning:

• Post something useful like a Tutorial, or a Guide or helpful fresh informative content
    • Check your spellings and grammar
    • Do not copy paste
    • Provide value to your readers, don't discuss a useless topic or explain something already known in general, give some more value to your reader!
    • Tags - Use appropriate tags for your article
    • Post in right category - contact @Solmak@Solmak if you need help selecting the right category based on your topic
    • Respond to other member's replies and comments on your articles, get VOTES AND POSITIVE RATINGS this way, helps your overall points to win.
    • Structure your content - Instead of posting a block of text, try to structure your headings, subheadings, lists, etc. to enhance the look of your article!
    • Images - Improve the overall look of your article and provide information with inforgraphics

What else can you do for our community?

WebmasterServe Forums is all about learning and teaching and making friends while working - so these things below will not increase your chances of winning but benefit our community

• Like and Rate other members' posts - discuss with them, ask them questions or provide your own feedback about the topic discussed or ADD more information which helps other members researching about that topic. Your replies will not help the OP win, OP will get points for their own contribution only.
    • Get to know other members and make friends! We are all here to work, but work becomes more pleasant when we are around friends, doesn't it? Our members are from diverse backgrounds, countries and cultures. This should be a platform to learn about each other as well - The Lounge is an area to have these discussions.
    • Help other members in need, community thrives when we support each other. The idea behind WMS is to provide a platform where you can find help and advice as well as provide help and advice to fellow members.
    • Report SPAM or Inappropriate content posted by other members - use the Report button below each post to report bad content or spam or content inappropriate for our community, this will help keep our community clean and useful.
    • Use the WebmastersCentral area to provide support, feedback, complains or suggestions to the admin of WMS. How can we improve WMS if we don't take your suggestions and advice and listen to your complains?
    If you have questions, you may post below or send me a Convo (PM) message.

Good Luck!

2. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    I likey likey :cool: good way to start the new year with some extra bucks in my pocket. Oh wait, you didn't give us much time, 12/31 is just a couple weeks away, in a way its good, early deadline means less competition, which means more odds of winning for us

3. grumpypants

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Oh wow, this sounds like a ton of fun! I don't know how to get to a "white belt" status, but if I happen to get there by the end of December, I would absolutely love to participate! I love article writing, especially for the nerdy stuff that this website would thrive from. Granted, I could write these types of posts regardless, buuuut I adore a friendly competition in the mix! :D

I'll keep watch for all these snazzy articles from other users. It's a great way to boost post content and get people in discussion. My favorite!

4. Webmasterserve

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Don't worry about the White Belt, almost every new members get a White Belt after their first message posted here. It is just not given right away because spammers take advantage and post a ton of advertising what not! Your White Belt is in the mail already.

5. grumpypants

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Really? That's good to know! I will have to think of something really fun to write about. I used to write content for video game websites, so I have experience in designing catchy and fun articles for people. This is a nice throwback to that, and what's even better is I get to write whatever I want! There's so many forums to post in... But like I mentioned in my introduction thread, you probably will find me in the programming or design board.

//scurries off to think of all the fun ideas he'll write about//

6. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
  7. Webmasterserve

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
  8. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Since I already have a white belt, I want to participate on this writing competition. However, where do I submit my article for the competition? I am finding difficulty to see the appropriate place to submit my article.

9. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    #9 skylimit, Dec 22, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  10. Webmasterserve

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    @Vinaya@Vinaya you are welcome to participate and submit your entry, there is no special area to submit. You can create a thread like any other thread in an appropriate forum/category and tag the thread as "writing contest 2015" to enter the competition, you may use other tags relevant to your topic.

@skylimit@skylimit I am sorry but White Belts did not have permission to upload images, now you should be able to upload image as "Attachment" and insert either a thumbnail or full image using the buttons available after you upload under the post editor. Additionally you can insert an external image using the IMAGE icon in the editor, this will be inserted using BBCODE automatically.

White Belts did not have permission to post links, but temporarily we are allowing White Belts to post links for this competition.

You can edit your post - White Belts have 2 Hours from the first post time to edit it, after 2 Hours you won't be able to edit your post. To edit your post (to add images or tags) please use the Edit button below the post when you view your thread.

You can add or remove Tags by clicking on the tags section in the Thread view below the Thread title. If you have problem accessing this, let me know.

Thanks

11. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
  12. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Now I understand why I have seen some incredibly detailed and well thought out posts on this forum. It is for this competition! I will enter this.

13. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Is it very necessary to put in the tag "writing contest 2015" hmm, can I edit a post of mine?

14. Webmasterserve

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter It helps me keep track of all entries easily without browsing all over the forums. Check if you can find the EDIT link beside the Tags under the Thread title on your thread page, if you see EDIT that will help you add and remove tags. If you don't see it, please post the link here I will add the tag. Yellow Belt members can edit posts within 12 hours of posting it.

15. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I just reread the rules, I don't have an eligible thread at the moment, I guess it is time I got to work now.

16. Marth

White Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    This is rather exciting! I'm looking forward to the friendly competition and I hope it brings the best out of all of the forum members here. Thanks for the generous prizes :)

17. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
  18. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
  19. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0