WebmasterServe Forums is now running a Year End 2015 Writers Competition with cash prizes to be won in almost every forum category. This is a quick way to earn some cash by posting an informative article in one of our categories. Read below to learn more about deadlines, who can participate, what are the rules and what are the prizes?
1st Prize - This will be the overall Best article posted during this competition.
- $50 to your PayPal or other account.
- A Gold medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
- $30 to your PayPal or other account.
- A Silver medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
- $20 to your PayPal or other account.
- A Bronze medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
- $20 to your PayPal or other account.
- A special Category based medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
- The same user can win an Overall Prize (1st, 2nd or 3rd and the Best In category prize additionally)
All registered members of WebmasterServe Forums who have a White Belt rank or above are eligible to participate in this competition. Members should not have more than 5 Infractions/Warning points for posting spam or breaking the rules to qualify.
Last entry to be accepted should be posted by : Dec 31, 2015 23:59 US Central Time. If you edit your post, it should be last edited by this time. Do not edit entries after the deadline.
- Only original content written by you is allowed, copy pasting entire articles from anywhere will disqualify your entry. Your post will be checked against Copyscape to find duplicate content or copy-paste job.
- Your post should have minimum 2 images in different positions in the article (images cannot be all at the top or bottom but spread across your content based on the context/text).
- Article length has to be minimum of 750 words or higher. Formatting the text and headlines correctly and using images to enhance your article will get you more points.
- Article should be on a relevant topic in today's online technologies. What is useful to our visitors today is what gets you more points.
- Content Writing staff members of WMS will not be paid twice for these entries, if they win they get the cash prize, if they don't win, they get paid for regular posting price based on your writing price.
- Only articles posted in these categories are eligible - All Categories except Webmasters Marketplace and Webmasters Central are allowed.
- All entries should be tagged with appropriate keywords related to the article, PLUS tag each entry with the tag "writing contest 2015".
Reply here with a link to your article and acknowledge that you have read the rulesNot Necessary
- Each member can post multiple articles to get more chances at winning but Higher Quality wins over Higher Quantity.
- Chances of winning DON'T depend on how long you've been a member here.
- Adding links to relevant sites or resources based on your article text are allowed, this will help our visitors find the resources they need when they read your article.
Tips for Winning:
- Post something useful like a Tutorial, or a Guide or helpful fresh informative content
- Check your spellings and grammar
- Do not copy paste
- Provide value to your readers, don't discuss a useless topic or explain something already known in general, give some more value to your reader!
- Tags - Use appropriate tags for your article
- Post in right category - contact @Solmak if you need help selecting the right category based on your topic
- Respond to other member's replies and comments on your articles, get VOTES AND POSITIVE RATINGS this way, helps your overall points to win.
- Structure your content - Instead of posting a block of text, try to structure your headings, subheadings, lists, etc. to enhance the look of your article!
- Images - Improve the overall look of your article and provide information with inforgraphics
What else can you do for our community?
WebmasterServe Forums is all about learning and teaching and making friends while working - so these things below will not increase your chances of winning but benefit our community
- Like and Rate other members' posts - discuss with them, ask them questions or provide your own feedback about the topic discussed or ADD more information which helps other members researching about that topic. Your replies will not help the OP win, OP will get points for their own contribution only.
- Get to know other members and make friends! We are all here to work, but work becomes more pleasant when we are around friends, doesn't it? Our members are from diverse backgrounds, countries and cultures. This should be a platform to learn about each other as well - The Lounge is an area to have these discussions.
- Help other members in need, community thrives when we support each other. The idea behind WMS is to provide a platform where you can find help and advice as well as provide help and advice to fellow members.
- Report SPAM or Inappropriate content posted by other members - use the Report button below each post to report bad content or spam or content inappropriate for our community, this will help keep our community clean and useful.
- Use the WebmastersCentral area to provide support, feedback, complains or suggestions to the admin of WMS. How can we improve WMS if we don't take your suggestions and advice and listen to your complains?