Asking Advice Windows 10 Upgrade?

phoenix2015

Hey guys, I am currently using Window 7, and probably like everone who uses Windows, have been offered the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I still have 6 or so months left to make a decision. I am satisfied with Windows 7. It does everything I need it to do. I've heard pros and cons of upgrading to Windows 10. Like I said, I am happy with Windows 7, but feel pressured to make a decision about Win10. What are the pros and cons of upgrading to Windows 10? Any advice?

PrashantD

Content Writer
Hey guys, I am currently using Window 7, and probably like everone who uses Windows, have been offered the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I still have 6 or so months left to make a decision. I am satisfied with Windows 7. It does everything I need it to do. I've heard pros and cons of upgrading to Windows 10. Like I said, I am happy with Windows 7, but feel pressured to make a decision about Win10. What are the pros and cons of upgrading to Windows 10? Any advice?
Well! Its your personal decision. I suggest you to take a look at Windows 10 before actually using it on a friend's or colleague's machine. I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 already comes with Start Menu and personally that's a big change for me. Windows 10 takes a bit more disk space than Windows 7, but that is not a major problem IMO. If you are working on a touch-based device, switching to Windows 10 will be profitable as that has better support for touch based devices.(I'm using Win 10 on a tablet, and it feels better.) Otherwise, you are better off with Win 7.

Last edited:

phoenix2015

Well! Its your personal decision. I suggest you to take a look at Windows 7 before actually using it on a friend's or colleague's machine. I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 already comes with Start Menu and personally that's a big change for me. Windows 10 takes a bit more disk space than Windows 7, but that is not a major problem IMO. If you are working on a touch-based device, switching to Windows 10 will be profitable as that has better support for touch based devices.(I'm using Win 10 on a tablet, and it feels better.) Otherwise, you are better off with Win 7.
Thanks for the reply! Thanks for the good information! Those are definitely nice features that you mentioned, but not enough to make me want to upgrade just yet! Thanks again!

skylimit

Content Writer
You might want to hurry as MS already announced that "there will be nocustomer support for Windows 7 and Wndows 8".
Yes I agree what you said there are some cons in Windows 10 but they are still making changes and in few months you will see a big difference.

amultani

Windows 7 is working fine for me. I don't know how the performance of 10th version will be, however, would like to know.

krishatg

Content Writer
I have personally experienced all the windows (Windows 7 , 8 , 10) . Yes it is true that windows 8 is launched with totally different interface to support the newly launched technology of touch enabled laptops. which is somewhere difficult for the new user to use so most of them prefers windows 7 only. But windows 10 comes with more user friendly interface just like windows 7 and also includes the features of windows 8 . So if you want to upgrade your system to windows 10 then you can do it without any worries.

sunshine

Blue Belt
@phoenix2015 Last week Microsoft discloses that nowadays about 200 million monthly active users running Windows 10 worldwide. Moreover the users of Windows 7 changed by nearly 140 percent and Windows 8 users by nearly 400 percent into Windows 10.
Microsoft released its initial foremost Windows 10 update, with a number of latest features planned particularly helping IT staff installing and managing the software.

phoenix2015

@phoenix2015 Last week Microsoft discloses that nowadays about 200 million monthly active users running Windows 10 worldwide. Moreover the users of Windows 7 changed by nearly 140 percent and Windows 8 users by nearly 400 percent into Windows 10.
Microsoft released its initial foremost Windows 10 update, with a number of latest features planned particularly helping IT staff installing and managing the software.
Great points! Many people have upgraded to Windows 10. I think it is about 110 million people. I'm just curios about who is satisfied with windows 10 among those people, and who wishes they would have just stayed with windows 7.

djweb

None of the people in my peergroup have complained about Windows 10. And these are the same people who massacred Win 8 online when it came out. So, I guess Windows 10 is a much better product.

phoenix2015

You might want to hurry as MS already announced that "there will be nocustomer support for Windows 7 and Wndows 8".
Yes I agree what you said there are some cons in Windows 10 but they are still making changes and in few months you will see a big difference.
Uh oh! That is what I was afraid of. Do you know how much longer they will keep providing updates for Widows 7? Thanks for the reply!

Windows 7 is working fine for me. I don't know how the performance of 10th version will be, however, would like to know.
Right! I'm sure I would get used to it, and I will have to get used to it eventually, but I think it might be better to wait. I don't want to risk having any problems if I download now. Thanks for the reply!

I have personally experienced all the windows (Windows 7 , 8 , 10) . Yes it is true that windows 8 is launched with totally different interface to support the newly launched technology of touch enabled laptops. which is somewhere difficult for the new user to use so most of them prefers windows 7 only. But windows 10 comes with more user friendly interface just like windows 7 and also includes the features of windows 8 . So if you want to upgrade your system to windows 10 then you can do it without any worries.
Great, I will keep that in mind! That is good to know. I eventually have to change to Windows 10, but for now I think I will keep using 7. Thanks for the post!

ipol12

Yellow Belt
I am still using Windows XP on my computer and planning to upgrade to Windows 10. But I have to upgrade to Windows 7 first because the free Windows 10 works for those using Windows 7 and up. I knew Windows 10 will have future upgrades that makes usage worthwhile. I am using Windows 10 on my tablet but I prefer its old Windows 8.1 OS. But Windows 10 is the present, so I think it is good to use it.

coolyfrost

I am currently using Windows 10 flawlessly. However, there have been some friends of mine which have reported countless problems with it. Therefore, I don't know what my final verdict is on Windows 10, but just account for my personal use I would easily give it a 9/10.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
I have used all versions of windows, and there is nothing bad with any of them except from windows 8, windows 8.1 is better in my opinion. I like windows 10 very much, the user interface is sleek and it is much more easier to navigate and understand than windows 8, windows 7 is still a good windows os, but updating to windows 10 wil give you many more benefits and options, that windows 7 cannot, I suggest skipping windows 8.

Renren

I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 and then after a couple of weeks I restored it to windows 7. For me windows 7 is till better than windows 10 and I am basing it on its performance and for me windows 7 is user friendly than windows 10.

Ramakrishnan

I am currently using Windows 7 in my Laptop, which is working fine. I would like upgrade to Windows 10 shortly which has better options and benefits.

pwarbi

To put it bluntly, if your planning on sticking to the Windows platform and not moving across to MAC's, then you might aswell download Windows 10 as soon as you can because it is here to stay.

Upto now I've not had any issues with it but any issues that others have had are being fixed as we speak. Don't forget Windows 10 is more than just an upgrade so there's going to be teething problems,,but nothing that can't be sorted.

Renren

There are some issues that I encountered in using windows 10. Start up loading is slower than windows 7 in my observation. Another thing is that windows 7 is more friendly user than windows 10.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
There are some issues that I encountered in using windows 10. Start up loading is slower than windows 7 in my observation. Another thing is that windows 7 is more friendly user than windows 10.
Your pc probably can't run Windows 10 very well that's why is slow and it doesn't matter use the windows that best suits you, especially if Windows 7 makes you comfortable.

Renren

I am using what is easy to use for me. Since I do a lot of things online. I am more comfortable using windows 7 than windows 10.

steve taylor

White Belt
Windows 10 is the best windows from Microsoft. I think windows 10 is the mixture of windows xp and windows 8.1
Now we can easy upgrade windows 10. Firstly reserve your windows 10 the icon is view right corner of your screen
then Microsoft check your pc requirement then you down load windows 10 and upgrade within 30 minutes when your internet speed is
high .
When this method is not work then we go Microsoft sit and download Microsoft toolkit once download micro soft toolkit run it and download windows 10 then after download Rufus image crater and insert pen-drive or cd create image and install windows 10 and enjoy