News/ Info Windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

scfc16

Yellow Belt
Should they have bothered with it. I have had countless problems with the new vista and quite frankly prefered the old version of windows. Does any one else suffer with it ??

Footzilla

Yellow Belt
Ahh as soon as I got Vista installed, I was facing a bunch of preblems. As far as I know, majority of people don't like vista that much. I also prefer Xp rather than Vista.

D

devilbatista

For me, Windows Xp works. It's quite convenient and reliable.

Footzilla

Yellow Belt
Well I installed windows vista today because xp was ruining my internet. Uptil now, I didn't face any problems with vista. Let's see how it goes.

D

devilbatista

Yeah, Internet Explorer doesn't work that properly in Windows Xp. I hate this in Windows Xp.

Footzilla

Yellow Belt
Both of the browsers are working fine for me on Vista. The net speed has increased and the system never gets stuck. It's first time I am experiencing such a great windows. :p

C

CLSbrunette

Vista is fine with me. It's probably because when I bought my laptop I immediately had Vista as OS. XP is associated with my previous company's desktop.Vista is better in terms of speed, based on my observation. Hmmm, don't know if it's accurate though. :p

scfc16

Yellow Belt
I have had a few problems with clients saying that the word documents that I have sent didnt open is this because of vista >

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Word document opening or now opening has nothing to do with Vista, its go to do with the version of word you send the document in and the version you client has on his or her vista

I have had a few problems with clients saying that the word documents that I have sent didnt open is this because of vista >

Footzilla

Yellow Belt
Yeah it's because of the version. But there is a solution to it. If you have to ever send a word document to any client. Go to file and and there's an option that says something like save as 2004-2006. something like that, cant remember.

scfc16

Yellow Belt
!!!

LOL - Oh well you cant blame me for asking but vista still is not proving to be the better option for me, I have purchased a plug in bluetooth chip for my laptop , so i can add tones to my phone however it just does not work ! ths is the third one i am trying now and that too doesnt work. on the net there is a program that can over ride the installation by simply manually installing the chip, however after trying that it doesnt work !!

I might be getting the older version of xp.

scfc16

Yellow Belt
Yeah it's because of the version. But there is a solution to it. If you have to ever send a word document to any client. Go to file and and there's an option that says something like save as 2004-2006. something like that, cant remember.

Thanks footzilla. i kind of figured that part now, however being the forgetful woman that i am , i mostly just save it wthout selecting first , then i have to reopen the doc and copy and paste it to a new word doc and then re save it ! ! i know i am complictated !

Status
Not open for further replies.