Wireless Keyboard Problem

• Thread starter saferthanheaven
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saferthanheaven

Hi there, I've never had to ask a question over the net about my laptops problems before so forgive me if i haven't done something ovbious.

Basically, i bought a wireless combo set (mouse and keyboard) I followed the instructions and the mouse worked fine. The keyboard didn't. I replaced the batteries but it still didn't work.

So i took the package back and then got a better set.

Followed instructions again and the same thing happened. Mouse works brilliant, but keyboard doesn't. However, on this keyboard i got some hot keys, unlike the previous keyboard i bought. The hot keys work fine. However, when typing the keys do not work. When i type the blue connect button flashes, so it is definetly picking up the signal.

I don't know what is wrong and after hours of searching the internet i didn't find a solution or anyone else with the same problem.

I've downloaded the correct and updated drivers and installed them and nothing has changed.

Product: Gembird
Combo Set Name: KBS-6200-UK
Keyboard Name: MK 02006

My Laptop is:
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: TravelMate 4230
Edition: Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1)

If anyone can help me i would be enternally grateful!

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Hi

You have probably already done this but have you reset the keyboard by pushing the tiny button on the back and then done the same on the reciever?

S

saferthanheaven

Yeh i have. As i say the recevier knows i'm typing as it flashes every time i type which is what it's supposed to do. The keyboard is working, just it won't type! Even when i press the little"window" button (that makes the programs bar flash up) doesn't work. However when i press the button the receiver flashes like it does with every movement of the mouse too.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Try this:

Right click my computer
Click manage
Click Device manager
Click on the + next to keyboard
Delete the entry for the external keyboard
Reboot your machine

S

saferthanheaven

My external keyboard isn't listed under the keyboards on device manager. Just my laptop keyboard. I've uninstalled it to see if my laptop would only have one keyboard that would work, but nothing changed so i re installed my laptop keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.