Wireless Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

Yellow Belt
Why do people not bother securing their wireless networks?

1) Don't know how to

Anymore?

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Decet Wireless routers come with it already built in so its not needed to be setup by the user on the router

Funny thing is, If you wanna screw someone over, connect to a wireless netwrk and browse for REALLY dodgey stuff (you know what i'm on about)

They'll have the cops round there so fast it'll be funny

Its there account that is being used and this is what the ISP sees.

Not done it yet but the implication is there

Always try and use WPA encryption as WEP is fairly weak. But put WEP on if you dont have WPA or buy a new router

Peace

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
I agree WAP is more secure.

I have not yet come across a wireless router for home use with wireless security already enabled

StudleyMcBuff

White Belt
People seem to be learning ... there are about 9 wireless networks in my street:
2/3 of them seem to disappear a lot - I assume the owners are turning them off when not in use,
the rest of us leave our networks on all the time but we're all WPA secured

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Yeah it's getting better. I used to have like 7 unsecured networks around, now it's just 1 and the rest are all WPA secured.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
security is a fun way to annoy people

I used to have mine unsecured but have MAC filtering so people thought they could get a free line but then get rejected packets

Its funny

best way to secure is not to broadcast SSID so a site scan doesnt show your connection. This coupled with MAC filtering and WEP/WPA should be enough

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.