Word 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie

Yellow Belt
Someone sent me a document in Word 2007 and of course I could not open it (who's stupid idea was that I wonder not to make them backward compatible).

Does anyone know of a patch or something that will allow me to see the file?

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
If it's a Word 2007 file, then it's a completely different format than if you have Word 97, etc. They are built on different code bases and things.

I haven't seen a patch before for this, but download the Microsoft Word Viewer so you can view the file at least...

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
if you have office 2003 (and I think XP) you can install a patch to your office suite so you can view 2007 docs and then save in 2003 / XP if you make changes.

As far as I am aware this will be in the next office update.

Micro$oft have given users the option to save in 97-2003 format but the default is 2007 even though a larger number of users use 2003 / XP

They just want you to upgrade ergo, more money for bill

Why cant they just use the same format throughout *koff*openoffice*koff*

Peace

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Its far nore versitile and smarter than MS Office. plus the computing community at large are pushing for an open/standardised document format (much like PDF works) so that all docs will be cross platform.

Microsoft obviously do not like this and would rather use their propriatary office format which they are keeping hidden and secret

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.