Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Working On Freelancing Websites Vs Online Working

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Furqan Rashid, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Do you prefer working online without using any third party website(Freelancing Website). If so why. Is it because freelancing websites charge you or their are any other reasons.

2. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    I prefer to work online without having any boss who forces me to complete the work. However, working individually is harder than getting online tasks and assignments to complete.

Individually earning can be a longer process, however, being hired by someone can lead you to earn cash within few hours or days.

3. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I used to work in freelancing website before. But I decided to stop temporarily because finding a client is never easy. I decided to work in different and legitimate sites as my earnings depend on my work. I prefer this as I don't worry whenever I get lazy to work.

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you referring to sites like Upwork (formerly ODesk) and Freelancer, right? If yes, I can tell you that I am not going to prefer them in finding clients. When it was Odesk before, I had a hard time to pass their qualifying exam, so I never take a step in finding clients to hire me for my own services. As for Freelancer, I do have an account but I am a client myself (and I am doing something bad because my method is blackhat and CPA networks banned me for that). What I really don't like about Freelancer is their bidding system, where others with so many positive feedback win more than new ones.

5. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Absolutely true, I started in 2011 with upwork and I never found a single contract with any of the client. It all depends on your feedback and experience presentation.

6. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    As a beginner in freelancing or in online working you have to work harder to get projects,but as a freelancer if you get one project and complete it before time with good efforts then it helps you to get more projects.
    Once you make some clients on freelancing sites and your work is effective then these clients are directly contact you for next projects but your work is excellent which make a affect on client.

7. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Your question is good but.
    How directly get online job and interact with different different people With different countries.
    Freelancing website provide a platform to interact between buyer and seller easily.
    It protect your banking details and your privacy and it provide Global money distribution schemes.
    Your toughs is good but it work in a district only.

8. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    both has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of working on a freelancing website is that they have more jobs to offer. They also have rating for each client so freelancer would have idea whether the client really pays for the job done or not. Likewise, freelancers has ratings from their previous clients for the sake of future clients. However, the disadvantage is that some freelancing sites charges both the client and the freelancers. But freelance websites could give up to 90% payment guarantee.
    On the other hand, you can simply impress clients by telling them your skills and experiences. Clients will never judge you based on ratings from previous work. Online work also offers higher income since you do not have to pay charges and membership fees. But there will be more chances that you could get a bad client that will not pay for your work.

9. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    I will prefer to online working because i am also a house wife, i have to manage house and work both. So according to time i can give it for work and here is no pressure of boss, that is the important thing for me.

10. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Online working and freelancer both is different thing, both charge you for their services.
    But i think freelancer is good because there are a lot of project that you can do easily or all types of project available in freelancer. But if you using any online services they have only limited projects for us.

11. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I prefer freelancing job because In freelancing job there are no time boundation so we can complete project whenever we are free. It is true freelancing website have more commission charge. If we do online job then we can get monthly salary but not free from working time.

12. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    You can open your own company (website) and start working with it for higher profits. I don't prefer you to use freelancing sites as they charge from both ends. I always use to get works from direct clients.

13. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    To get jobs from an open source marketplace is not quite an easy, since the market is open then there are more people who will be applying along with you. however, with the paid freelancing websites people hesitate to invest their little money and there will be less bids for a single job.

14. naseem

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Freelancing is a great choice for those who have a mentality of "I am my own BOSS!" and there are several reasons people prefer freelancing over jobs as there are no limitations of workplace.