Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Working On Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by Furqan Rashid, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Hello friends. I am graphic Designer I have used Illustrator and CorelDraw for designing but I found that Photoshop is also being used for designing. I just used it to add mock ups to my designs. Can we use Photoshop for designing purpose.

2. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Not only the photoshop program can create perfect designs, but thousand of people are developing their sites as well by using this software.

3. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Why you switching back to PS when you are already good at AI... Dont know your idea or thought behind this but AI is quite far & good then PS.

Yes PS has its own effect for designers but if you are new to it, keep your skills at AI unless you have time & willing to learn it.

4. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Really if you can elaborate it a little that would be great. I have never heard about it. I just use it for mockups.

5. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Better keep yourself upto AI if you are skilled at it. PS will take your more time to bring in effective results for new designs which are going to make & they are already easy to make with AI.

6. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Yes you can use Photoshop for designing purpose. It can be used for any types of complex designs , for designing web sites, for editing pictures. you can apply various effects on your pictures. It is good if your have knowledge of Photoshop with coreldraw and illustrator as it adds up on to your skills of designing.

7. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I won't recommend you to. It is better to use illustrator for vector based designing that Photoshop. Photoshop is primarily used for editing whereas, Illustrator or CorelDraw are market leaders as far as designing is concerned. If you really want to learn about editing, you can learn Adobe PS, but for designing only solutions, stick with Illustrator and polish your skills rather than learning new unless required. :)

8. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Ok thanks for your recommendation can you let me know that is photoshop being used for graphic designing as well because I have never used it.

9. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Furqan, Yes you can use Photoshop for graphic designing as well. To understand what you can use PS for and for what not, it is imperative that you know the basic difference between Illustrator and Photoshop. Illustrator basically is used for Vector based designs which you want to be scalable. Example: Logo, Wireframes, Non-image graphic design. On the other hand, photoshop is used for pixel-based designs. Web-designing falls under this category. Photoshop is also an excellent choice when graphic-designing is picture based. In short, both Illustrator and PS can be used for Graphic designing, but it really up to the user and usually selection of tool is governed by the purpose and kind of design.

10. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Ok. I got that thanks for your suggestion. I have been using illustrator but never used Photoshop for designing purpose. I just used it to add the mock ups to my designs.

11. Aires

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Someone suggest me that it would be nice if we stick in one or two software until we master all its function. Photoshop is great in terms of manipulating images and illustrator is good for designing, I'm using illustrator to design a logo.

12. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I also use Illustrator but Coreldraw is my favorite software for graphic Designing. I use photoshop as well but very little just for adding mock ups to my designs.

13. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Photoshop is a great tool which is also frequently used by graphic artists. I am not a designer but I sometimes use PS for basic layout and design. Based on my experience, PS is easier to use than Illustrator.

14. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Photoshop is a great photo editing and photo designing tool. I like Photoshop. Most of thing of photo shop I learn from you tube video, now I am able to edit any type of photo and convert 2D photos to 3D photo. I am also design various logos for my friends and even for my website.

15. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I think the difference between Photoshop and Illustrator is that Photoshop is used if there is already an image that needs to be edited. Illustrator, on the other hand, is used to create vector images. Still, no matter which one you choose, both are great editing software.

16. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Photoshop a lot of features that help you in make a perfect mock up design.
    These days mock up design is used for web site and many other design field where photoshop is highly demandable . if you are expertise in photoshop you can make money form many ways such as do job in a company as a designer or work from home through freelancer.

17. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Photoshop has great features to fulfill your all requirements related to designing and developing,as you mentioned that you have some knowledge of designing on Photoshop,then you can easily get the knowledge of other features of Photoshop which helps you to do other works on it.
    As we know that it is also used by designers to develop software and applications.

18. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Photoshop is also a designing software and it can add mock ups to your designs. And Photoshop is also used for Logo designing and website designing because Photoshop have many features. And i use Photoshop for making logo, website design, and photo editing. In photo shop you and edit 2D and 3D photo Photoshop is famous for photo editing Tools.

19. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    It can be pain in ass for the newbie who has no idea how to work on the Photoshop but once you have started learning and adapt all of its features you would started love using it. A good knowledge of it can get you a good earning from many freelancing websites.

20. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Photoshop is a powerful tool for editing photos or creating web graphics while Corel Draw is used primarily for designing logo, printed graphics and cartoons that use only minimal color. Most of the common edits you do on a photo can be achieved with a single click of a button.