Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Writing Articles Vs Doing Seo

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by fsdqasmia, Jan 4, 2016.

1. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    I'm a freelancer writing articles right now. But I spent a lot of time on performing SEO for clients by creating links on social media, ezine, forums, and social bookmarking sites.

Now willing to ask which job would be better for a person like me.

2. Deepak Kaushik

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    It depends upon your interest. If you want to write articles then keep writing and if you want to face challenge with changing technologies then go for SEO.

It depends upon your interest. If you want to write articles then keep writing and if you want to face challenge with changing technologies then go for SEO.

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Writing articles and doing SEO are both like traveling in the same boat. Articles are major part of the SEO, we cannot talk about it differently. A informative, SEO and keyword rich articles are always on demand. Putting a lot of efforts to make it informative let the blog reach along with the posts to tons of people.

I assume, a good keyword rich articles is alone can boost a blog/site with lot of attention to major SEO part. It will enhances the SEO values and bring some real good traffic, for sure.

4. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Writing quality article, needs deep research, knowledge of that particular topic and creativityof writing article.
    I would suggest, concentrate on those areas in which you are expert.

5. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I think there's nothing wrong between writing articles or doing SEO. You can choose which one is comfortable for you. Both article writing and SEO services are on demand, so you don't need to worry about it then. But you may also mix or combine article writing and SEO together in one package of your own service. After all, we can do SEO to the articles and other content. But since you mention about link building, I think that's off-page SEO. But still, you should include that as one package, so that you may not be confused at all. If you have a decent budget, you can hire someone to do one part of the job as well.

6. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    As far as I know and think, writing articles is the right way to earn and make it your long time career.

7. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    It all depends within you, charge them on hour basis as both are different things. Seo is hard as we have to build links, unlike the content we can write easily by reading some other people stories.
    You have said social media links, but if you try to build with blogs, then see how much time you are going to spend.

8. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Since you are good at doing SEO jobs, as you've said, then I think it is the better job you should do. However, since you are good at SEO, I suggest you should write too, then do SEO for your articles. This way, you can earn some money too.

9. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    Actually it depends of your interest to choose article writing or seo, though both are interrelated. It seems article writing is much easier compared to seo because the latter involves link building etc. If you feel you are good in both, you can do both simultaneously and earn a good income.

10. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Personally I'd probably say do both if you can. I've had experience in the past at writing articles for various sites and also done research on SEO and both jobs are sporadic to say the least.

If you do both then at least that way there's more chance of you having work instead of having to wait around for the next job to come up.

11. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Whatever will make you the most money :) Work smarter not harder.

If you've been writing content and doing SEO for other people, you have the skills to build your own websites.

12. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    I had started my career doing SEO tasks, but the job was boring. Hence, I converted to writing the articles, and I found it an interesting passion.

Articles don't boost your writing skills only, but they are a big source to keep yourself informed with the news and trending ideas as well.

13. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Yes. You won't just share information. At the same time you can learn too as some knowledge you want to share needed research. That's why I prefer writing, not because I haave no idea about SEO, it's because writing is about learning and sharing knowledge. Still, if I know SEO, I'll write articles then do SEO on it to boost earnings.

14. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    If you think you're good at SEO, then make your own site and see how it goes. See if you can get the site big.

15. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    writing takes a lot of hard work, you will have to think about idea, look for its commercial value, research keywords, read related materials, write the article.It takes many hours of hard work to produce a quality article.However, in order to do SEO you need to tweak the title(while writing you need to think about a new title) and add keywords (you will have to write sentences and paragraphs when you are writing article.

16. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    It doesn't really take hours to craft a good article. If you're familiar with the topic, then you can write a short informational piece quite quickly.

17. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    For me I think it just really depends on where you are mostly enjoying and more preferable for you. If its easy for you to write articles, then go for it. It is not just earning money but also doing what you like and also by expressing yourself to the public which is the internet. If SEO then go for SEO. Hope I could help clearing your mind.

18. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I do agree with you. If for some it is easy, for others it isn't. It would be easy to write if it is a personal article and you don't intend to earn from it through ad networks.

19. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Try writing aricles on different available freelancing websites that can help you in earning more money instead of sticking to a single website.

20. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Just like the saying "Don't put your eggs in one basket". It does work for me before as when one site shut down, it didn't hurt my earnings. Working in different sites (like freelancing sites) will be a help to increase your earnings.