Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Announcement Writing Contest - Top 10 .. In 2016 Style - January 2016

Discussion in 'Support and Feedback - WMS Community' started by Webmasterserve, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    contest.
    Winners of our Writing Contest Year End 2015 have been recently announced here. We are back with another exciting contest for our learned members. WebmasterServe Forums is now running a Top 10 in 2016 Style - Writing Contest January 2016 with cash prizes to be won in almost every forum category.

This is a quick way to earn some cash by posting an informative article in one of our categories. Read below to learn more about deadlines, who can participate, what are the rules and what are the prizes?

Prizes:

1st Prize - This will be the overall Best article posted during this competition.
    • $50 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A Gold medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    2nd Prize - This will be the overall second best article posted during this competition.
    • $30 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A Silver medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    3rd Prize - This will be the overall third best article posted during this competition.
    • $20 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A Bronze medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    Best In Category Prize - This will be the overall best article posted in the Category during this competition. Categories are sections like "Business and Website Management", 'SEO", "Internet Marketing", etc. with several forums under each category.
    • $20 to your PayPal or other account.
    • A special Category based medal which appears in your profile and below your Avatar in every post
    • The same user can win an Overall Prize (1st, 2nd or 3rd and the Best In category prize additionally)
    Who is eligible to participate?

All registered members of WebmasterServe Forums who have a White Belt rank or above are eligible to participate in this competition. Members should not have more than 5 Infractions/Warning points for posting spam or breaking the rules to qualify. (To get a White Belt, you just need to register and post minimum one message anywhere on WMS and wait an hour to get upgraded to White Belt status)

Deadline:
    Last entry to be accepted should be posted by : Jan 31 Feb 15, 2016 23:59 US Central Time. If you edit your post, it should be last edited by this time. Do not edit entries after the deadline.

Rules:

1. Only original content written by you is allowed, copy pasting entire articles from anywhere will disqualify your entry. Your post will be checked against Copyscape to find duplicate content or copy-paste job.

2. This writing contest is specifically for TOP 10, style entries. What kind of entries are considered here? For. e.g.: Top 10 Business Ideas for 2016, 10 Best Wordpress Plugins in 2016, Top 10 Web Programming Languages, Top 10 Tips for Logo Design, Top 10 SEO Tricks to Rank High in Search Engines, 10 Best Affiliate Programs in 2016, Top 10 Freelance Marketplaces, etc.

So, your title should be something like "Top 10" or "10 Best" or "10 Highest" or "10 Most" and should include the words "in 2016" in the thread title.
    3. Your post should have minimum 2 images in different positions in the article (images cannot be all at the top or bottom but spread across your content based on the context/text).

4. Article length has to be minimum of 500-750 words or higher. Formatting the text and headlines correctly and using images to enhance your article will get you more points.

5. Article should be on a relevant topic in today's online technologies. What is useful to our visitors today is what gets you more points.

6. Only articles posted in these categories are eligible - All Categories except Webmasters Marketplace and Webmasters Central are allowed.

7. All entries should be tagged with appropriate keywords related to the article, PLUS tag each entry with the tag "webmasters top 10".

8. Each member can post multiple articles to get more chances at winning but Higher Quality wins over Higher Quantity.

9. Chances of winning DON'T depend on how long you've been a member here.

10. Adding links to relevant sites or resources based on your article text are allowed, this will help our visitors find the resources they need when they read your article.

Tips for Winning:
    • Post something useful like a Tutorial, or a Guide or helpful fresh informative content

• Check your spellings and grammar - In the previous contest several entries had wrong spellings, some used the word "sue" instead of "use" which won't show up as a spelling mistake on automatic checking, you need to read what you are writing!

• Do not copy paste - strictly, soon as your article is identified as plagiarism or spun content you are disqualified

• Provide value to your readers, don't discuss a useless topic or explain something already known in general, give some more value to your reader! Provide justification, numbers, stats or some data to back up your claims.

• Tags - Use appropriate tags for your article

• Post in right category - contact @Solmak@Solmak if you need help selecting the right category based on your topic

• Respond to other member's replies and comments on your articles, get VOTES AND POSITIVE RATINGS this way, helps your overall points to win.

• Structure your content - Instead of posting a block of text, try to structure your headings, subheadings, lists, etc. to enhance the look of your article!

• Images - Improve the overall look of your article and provide information with infographics

What else can you do for our community?

WebmasterServe Forums is all about learning and teaching and making friends while working - so these things below will not increase your chances of winning but benefit our community

• Like and Rate other members' posts - discuss with them, ask them questions or provide your own feedback about the topic discussed or ADD more information which helps other members researching about that topic. Your replies will not help the OP win, OP will get points for their own contribution only.
    • Get to know other members and make friends! We are all here to work, but work becomes more pleasant when we are around friends, doesn't it? Our members are from diverse backgrounds, countries and cultures. This should be a platform to learn about each other as well - The Lounge is an area to have these discussions.
    • Help other members in need, community thrives when we support each other. The idea behind WMS is to provide a platform where you can find help and advice as well as provide help and advice to fellow members.
    • Report SPAM or Inappropriate content posted by other members - use the Report button below each post to report bad content or spam or content inappropriate for our community, this will help keep our community clean and useful.
    • Use the WebmastersCentral area to provide support, feedback, complains or suggestions to the admin of WMS. How can we improve WMS if we don't take your suggestions and advice and listen to your complains?
    If you have questions, you may post below or send me a Convo (PM) message.

Good Luck!

#1 Webmasterserve, Jan 3, 2016 at 4:02 PM
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Awesome! Another exciting contest indeed.

Bonne chance to all participants.

3. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
  4. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
  5. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    You didn't tell about the minimum count of words for the members willing to join the contest. So, is there any minimum words requirement?

6. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    The minimum words count is between 500-750 words or more as per your thread. It is clearly mentioned by Admin see below:

7. ellyjude

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I missed out on the last contest because i realized about the forum at a later period. I am glad there is another chance to prove my skills once more. I'm confident that i'm among the best in this.

8. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
  9. Webmasterserve

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    On request by some participants, the deadline has been extended to Feb 15, 2016 to allow them to have a chance to submit for this competition.

10. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Dear Solmak,
    WMS would have flood of the articles after 20 January. I guess, no one want early submission that has no reach to the admin/moderator of this forum.

If you are in the eye of them, then, submit the articles when the dates are near to expire. I request you to keep the January contest within the January.

Ps: I have composed 3 articles myself that i decide yet not to submit....lol

#10 Manish Mishra, Jan 10, 2016 at 11:42 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  11. Webmasterserve

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra Deadline is only extended because some members are busy with other work/school and needed extra time in participating for this contest.

Members should realize that submitting close to deadline is not really advantageous, as more discussion and involvement with their thread actually shows their thread in a good light and shows that the author knows what they are talking about, discussion on their topic won't happen if the thread is posted close to the deadline. I guess people have their own ways of calculating the chances of winning. I would say, just focus on writing quality content and your chances will be high! Don't try to calculate or estimate algorithms to "hack" the winning, it is manually done and not automated selections for winners.

12. ellyjude

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I was beginning to shiver after i realized that i was actually drawing nearer to the deadline. Now that it has been extended i must work harder and submit my work for the competition.

13. DEATHXGUN

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I look forward to attempting to win this contest :) I can't wait to check it out cx

-DeathXGun

14. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    When the first contest was lunched, I had so little time to write an article and submit. However, with this second writing contest, I have enough time to write and post my contest submission. I still have one months to write and submit my article. I will begin doing my research now.

15. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    I wanted to participate in the previous contest, but being Christmas season, a series of family events kept me away of my computer for most of December.

However, I'm glad to read there is another contest going on, and that deadline to submit is now February 15, because I can now devote some time to write articles and participate :)

16. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    I am very interested to join this contest and I hope that I will get the first prize .

17. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
  18. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Happy camper here with this extension :) Thanks @Solmak@Solmak. Much appreciated.

#18 Oldwriter, Jan 29, 2016 at 8:10 PM
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  19. JAni Trani

Banned

Ratings:
    +803 / -0
    Dear sir,
    I am a act cited to join this contest but I think that I'll get the best prize.

20. JAni Trani

Banned

Ratings:
    +803 / -0
    Dear sir,
    I am a act cited to join this contest but I think that I'll get the best prize. My Post 100% Pure That every parson need and helpful.