Yahoo Answers - Getting Too Spammy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Do you use Yahoo Answers? If so, why?

I'm sure there are lots of people who genuinely ask questions, and helpfully provide answers there. But, I also think there are a lot of users who go there just to spam.

Some create more than one username, then ask a question under one name and answer it (with a link of course - their own in all probability), under another of their usernames.

Is it a spammers' paradise, or is Yahoo Answers still of some value?

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
the value is that you can burst out your links fast I think and thats the reason why people startet spamming that much.

sitefarmer

White Belt
Well, yes yahoo is the paradise of spammers.. but youtube is hell of spammers .. search google: blackhat yahoo spamming or blackhat youtube submitter

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Personally I don't belive social sites apart of the maintaned forums. There are too many seo out there :D

O

oddstake

Yahoo answers is really helpful if users intend to use it properly, you place your link quickly which help your sites visibility to its users!

YooHee

Yellow Belt
yahoo answer was really a big help in site's traffic...

but it's hard just to leave you link when you answer if the person who asks don't ask for source :D ...

you might get banned on yahoo answer :D

I'm not that fond of using answer sites to drive traffic to my site simply because for me, answer sites are made for Internet users that needs an accurate and fast answer(s) regarding their questions/concerns. Answer sites like Yahoo! Answer can provide traffic for our site. It is a good place to leave our links because of its millions of users but I suggest that we should only put/leave our links to those questions that are related with our website or to those questions that might help the person who's asking. :)

YooHee

Yellow Belt
well as long as the question is relevant to your site, it's really good that you leave your links on your answers....

but if the question is not relevant and you leave your link you are a spammer :D

YooHee

Yellow Belt
also i think helping others find what they want can also give traffic to your site, because, you can suggest your site as your resource :D

D

DSAnuva

i am using yahoo answer but there is nothing like spammy, i have received lot of nice replies for some queries and also, it's updated, so it is same useful as forum.

YooHee

Yellow Belt
yes, there are still addicted people in helping or answering questions in yahoo answers, but some are just to promote their site :D

Status
Not open for further replies.