News/ Info Yahoo Up To 1gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonballguy

Yellow Belt
Yahoo is planning to increase the free e-mail storage limits of its users from 250Mbytes to 1Gbyte.
Presumably to match Google's GMail...

John121

Yellow Belt
They better hurry. While Google hasnt become public yet. :D But I still dont think they cant match google. Googles got there number.

myshtern

Yellow Belt
I am sick of seeing companies matching what Google does.
Has anyone thought of taking the next step and doing something better?

Why dont thay offer 1.5 GB?
Or allow for you you to publicly host your email?

They need to come up with new ideas.
Not just wait for Google to set a new bar for them.

T

theomnis

Actually, Yahoo! has alot of things that Google doesnt, and the guys at Yahoo! are really putting their all into trying to beat Google. I think Yahoo! has more things that Google doesnt.

Examples,

-Yahoo! 360 - A social/family networking service, that allows user to blog, upload photos.

-Flickr - Yahoo! recently bought http://flickr.com, a photo upload/sharing site.

-Geocities - Yahoo! has Geocities, which while worthless compared to paid hosting, is probably one of the better free hosting sites.

Those are just a few examples of stuff that Yahoo! has that Google does not, and I could go on. Sure, Google has Gmail, but Yahoo! Mail existed before. What does Google have? They have Froogle, but I dont use it, and I dont know how popular it is, and Adwords/Adsense, but those are coming under alot of criticism for clickfraud.

Bottom line is watch out for Yahoo! Google may seem undefeatable right now, but I think that the situation is right for Yahoo! to take over as the #1 search engine.

John121

Yellow Belt
myshtern said:
I am sick of seeing companies matching what Google does.
Has anyone thought of taking the next step and doing something better?

Why dont thay offer 1.5 GB?
Or allow for you you to publicly host your email?

They need to come up with new ideas.
Not just wait for Google to set a new bar for them.
I totally agree. Im glad Google hasn't decided to do most of anything yahoo does. They haven't added games to there site, they haven't added alot of stuff. I really dont think they are out to compete with Yahoo.. They are already better then them anyway. :cool:

T

theomnis

I totally agree. Im glad Google hasn't decided to do most of anything yahoo does.
They may not be out to compete, but I think that because Yahoo! is adding all this stuff, it will attract more of the general populace. Google may always have the support of regular computer users, but we have to remember, that the large majority of people who use computers are not regular users like us.

John121

Yellow Belt
Yea I guess thats right. Yahoo is smart in a way. They know what they're doing. They're customer service really sucks though. Thats one thing they lack in.

myshtern

Yellow Belt
theomnis said:
Actually, Yahoo! has alot of things that Google doesnt, and the guys at Yahoo! are really putting their all into trying to beat Google. I think Yahoo! has more things that Google doesnt.

Examples,

-Yahoo! 360 - A social/family networking service, that allows user to blog, upload photos.

-Flickr - Yahoo! recently bought http://flickr.com, a photo upload/sharing site.

-Geocities - Yahoo! has Geocities, which while worthless compared to paid hosting, is probably one of the better free hosting sites.

Those are just a few examples of stuff that Yahoo! has that Google does not, and I could go on. Sure, Google has Gmail, but Yahoo! Mail existed before. What does Google have? They have Froogle, but I dont use it, and I dont know how popular it is, and Adwords/Adsense, but those are coming under alot of criticism for clickfraud.

Bottom line is watch out for Yahoo! Google may seem undefeatable right now, but I think that the situation is right for Yahoo! to take over as the #1 search engine.
Good Point
Google just hasnt had as much time to develop and mature as a website.

Dont forget MSN.
They have enough capital to do double of whatever Yahoo and Google do.

John121

Yellow Belt
Nah I dont think so. Msn Hasnt proved worthy of doing anything to me. Only thing they prove good for is News.. and I like there News section.. can you tell me what/how msn can do better then yahoo and google?

John121

Yellow Belt
Yea I use POP3 as my back up cause I found out about 3 weeks ago that Googles site will some times now always work.... :( :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.