Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Your Favorite Place To Work As A Freelancer?

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by cheezcarls, Jan 22, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hello guys!

I have one interesting question to all of you, and I think you may gonna like this one. I know there are freelancers here like me on this wonderful community, but I wanna know what is your favorite place to work on?

Let me start with mine. I have my own old laptop and iPad with me, and I admit that my favorite place to work on is on coffee hubs like Starbucks and co-working spaces as well. Although I can work at home, but it's just that I love the places and makes me feel wonderful working there.

What about you guys?

2. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Still, my favorite spot to work as a freelancer is of course at home, particularly in my room. I just can think easier writing in my room. And if I get tired, I can easily go to my bed and take a rest.

3. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I used to work with my laptop and my favorite place of work is my home. Nowhere else can I get such comfort and convenience. At home I enjoy some kind of relaxation and freedom which are essential for a freelance writer.

4. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    My favourite place to work to is at: HOME! I just love being able to sit or even lay in my bed and be comfortable. Being at home also means less finances for transportation, food and drinks. So yes, working at home rocks! It is convenient, affordable and yeah, you can use the bathroom anytime you want! Lol!

5. grumpypants

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I love threads like these. I usually like seeing pictures of people's working spaces, but text based is cool, too.

I enjoy working at home, mostly because I cannot say I have experienced working anywhere else. I do not have a big income to support two people, so I only have an eight year old desktop PC to work on. It's in our space room, dubbed "the den", and I just work from there. It's right by the window to the back yard, which is really nice during the daytime since the sunlight shines right through.

6. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Exactly! I don't have to go anywhere. I don't have to worry about the price of food I am going to eat at lunchtime. I don't have to worry about getting nagged by my boss. And I can take a rest or nap anytime.

7. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Your home is the place where you begin your freelancing career. Choose a room inside and manage things required to get started.

I have set my personal room where I sleep, work, and eat the meal. My family members support me so they don't interrupt my privacy whenever I want to sit alone.

8. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    As it's cold NOW, I prefer writing along with having a hot tea cup. That help me boost my body and start working.

9. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Definitely a place with less crowd if possible just me. It has less noise or unnecessary disturbances. Comfortable place and the temperature is cold. Snacks and drinks are easy to access and free. So for me the best place to work is at my room with a sign at the door. "Do not disturb. Working!".

10. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    We love our home and our own home is the most favorite place for most of us. But one problem we can face here is the disturbance from other family members and children. However, if we can have a healthy understanding between them, we can be productive in a peaceful environment.

11. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    I wonder that most of the guys here shared their experiences to work at home as a freelancer, me too capable of doing freelance work at home due to next to my regular job. Its easy for me to do work at home early morning and late night, in morning I've been fresh and on night have much free time.

12. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Pardon me for this segue but I am in the process of evaluating what computer to buy as a replacement for this antiquated core-duo which is running on Windows XP. It is a toss up between a laptop and a desktop. And although I am most comfortable in a desktop, I am considering a laptop for its portability. Sometimes I wanted to work when I am in the terrace or even in the garden. So if I have a laptop then I can do that especially when I travel in my car, I can work when I park. But for now, my only place is the so called home office that sits in the corner of our living room where my computer is situated.

13. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I like what you guys responded in my thread, and most of you love to work at your own home. Some say that they work at home due that they don't need to spend money outside for lunch, transportation or such. But that's okay, because I was like that too before. Yes I am working at home, but not most of the time. If I always work at home, I was on my comfort zone, seeing only walls and limiting my own challenges in life. I choose to become uncomfortable by getting out of the comfort zone and challenge my own limits. It's what makes me stronger than before.

14. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Hi Sir. My suggestion is a laptop computer as you can use it anywhere. It is meant for mobility unlike desktop computers that is meant to stay at home. Desktop PCs might be more durable than laptop ones but I think it depends on the user.

15. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Thank you very much for your advice. My apprehension with laptops is their susceptibility to technical problems particularly with the hard disk. Maybe it is in their nature to experience disk access failure because of their portability. Another thing is the expensive repairs when there is a problem since laptops have different parts than desktops. I'm still not decided until now although the budget is already in the bag and ready to purchase.

16. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy That's the downside of laptop computers sir. Even it's internal hardwares are hard to find. If desktop computer is cheaper than the laptop, with the remaining money from your budget, you can buy a Windows tablet. It functions the same with computer. I am using HP tablet. It is worth PhP 6k. There's Acer too which you can avail of its keyboard too.

17. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Thank you very much for your suggestion. However, with your mention of the tablet, now I remember that I cannot be at home with the touch screen keyboard simply because I am a typist who uses the touch system, i.e. I type without looking at the keyboard. Even in laptops, that's my nemesis, the small keys on the keyboard that tend to make my fingers lose its way. So I'd say thank you for the tablet but I cannot come to terms with that.

As of now, my scoring is something like 60% for the desktop and 40% for the laptop. I hope I can decide before March because there is a sale of computers in February.

18. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    I love working on my laptop in the TV room. I let the channels to be running while i enjoy working. I love to see news channels and music shows. Sometimes, i open another tab play music from youtube.

19. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I work at home, I need to concentrate on my work so I know I am doing it right. I can't work on crowded places.
    I not only work with clients but I also develop my own ideas to implement , so that I don't have to depend on other sources. It dont happen all the time but needs lots of research.

20. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    That's fine Sir. I hope you can finally decide to purchase what really fits for you. You can also ask the suggestions of those reps of the shop you are going to purchase it.